PDA

View Full Version : can't find, female "you have new mail" alert

arche3
04-04-2006, 08:33 PM
tried searching for hours on the boards. anyone have it? or a link?

rcbjr
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Try creating your own. Go here (http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php) with your 8700, type in your phrase and click on Speak. Listen and if you like it save. I usually change the file name.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

yunone
04-04-2006, 09:40 PM
thats awesome

thank you for the link

Stinsonddog
04-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

No but I have a female "get off the BB" alert.

Seattle18
04-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Try this one: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeptgpy/id3.html

Seattle18
04-04-2006, 10:14 PM
You also have the option of this site:

http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

On this site you can set up a certain voice to say what ever you want. In my case, I have a voice saying "john is calling" or "sue is calling". I have that kind of ringtone for all the important people in my address book. When someone calls that has a VIP ringtone, people just look at my phone like, whoa, what the hell was that.

That's the link in the second post...but since it does not automatically turn blue when it is a link, it was hard for you to see. Hint, hint Guess...

CChoi83
04-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Just google "TTS" and try the interactive demo's from your search results

dc/dc
04-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I just can't find a female. :razz:

Jack T. Chance
04-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Try creating your own. Go here (http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php) with your 8700, type in your phrase and click on Speak. Listen and if you like it save. I usually change the file name.

Hope this helps.
RcbjrI'll have to keep that in mind if & when I get an 8700. I've always wanted an AOL-spoof new mail alert that says "YOU'VE GOT SPAM!". Now I might actually be able to create it! :-D

SMorganPhoto
04-05-2006, 03:51 AM

haha

rcbjr
04-05-2006, 06:07 AM
----
In the link I provided, you can select several different languages and at least one nale and one female for most languages.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

lgreenberg
04-05-2006, 07:05 AM

----
In the link I provided, you can select several different languages and at least one nale and one female for most languages.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

Over your head I guess. :smile:

arche3
04-05-2006, 08:00 AM
thanks guys. I lost all my ring tones and settings yesterday when I did a new enterprise activation due to some BES issues. I also lost ALL my password keeper info! luckily I searched the forum and found a way to selectively restore passwordkeeper when on a BES. (It is a tricky process, u have to restore before enterprise activation...in case you didn't know)

I also upgraded to bharti so I dont have enterprise activation issues. went smooth.

Thanks for the links re: mail tone!!!!!

roger

rcbjr
04-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Over your head I guess. :smile:
---
No, I got it, but hit send after getting a phone call while typing, and didn't have time to go back and edit it before work. Hate inturuptions when posting.

Rcbjr

homegrowntx
04-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

No but I have a female "get off the BB" alert.
I do too ... my wife :wink:

dc/dc
04-05-2006, 06:40 PM
---
No, I got it, but hit send after getting a phone call while typing, and didn't have time to go back and edit it before work. Hate inturuptions when posting.

Rcbjr

You mean you don't post at work?

Seattle18
04-05-2006, 06:43 PM
You mean you don't post at work?
Post while at work? What's that? You must have meant to ask if he works while he is posting... (y)

dc/dc
04-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Post while at work? What's that? You must have meant to ask if he works while he is posting... (y)

Well, that is a true statement. However, when I am doing my normal job, I have no internet access except for BB, and posting via BB is a pain in the hiney. Unfortunately, I haven't done my normal job in 4 months. :razz:

rcbjr
04-05-2006, 09:46 PM
No, Seattle18, I don't post while working, nor during work hours. ;-) Although I have done so during lunch, and I don't have any problems posting with my BB. It's almost as fast as my normal ISP and I need the touch thumbing practice.

Thanks for your Help. You too dc/dc
Rcbjr

cooperpwc
04-07-2006, 11:55 AM

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

The AT&T speech engine is brilliant. I have Audrey UK (she sounds like a nice sophisticated girl) saying "You have a PIN message". That, and using Sonar for Blackberry Messenger, makes for a nice peer-to-peer notification system.

Thanks for the tip!

rcbjr
04-07-2006, 02:31 PM
The AT&T speech engine is brilliant. I have Audrey UK (she sounds like a nice sophisticated girl) saying "You have a PIN message". That, and using Sonar for Blackberry Messenger, makes for a nice peer-to-peer notification system.

Thanks for the tip!
----

Actually, the thanks should go to one of our favorite Mods, Mr. Greenberg for the original find. Most of my active ringtones are made by this site.

Thanks again.
Rcbjr

lgreenberg
04-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks for giving me my credit. :smile:

I've been using that site forever on all my phones. I make custom ringtones for the callers who phone me most often.

Example, my phone number rings "phone call from home". I like knowing who's calling me without ever having to look at the screen. I've set up about twenty or so of these voice tones that way.

rcbjr
04-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I have set up exceptions for each of my kids, my ex, other family members and a group exception for certain co-workers using the site. Plus specific voice ringtones for all the normal notifications. For those that know French, phone calls on the default profile are announced with "Qu'est q'on peut dire, il faut responde a c'ette penible machine".

Thanks again,
Rcbjr