PDA

View Full Version : huge problem with 7130e

nautor
04-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Here's the deal. I'm on my second 7130e (i bought the first one as soon as they became available, about a week after thanksgiving). The first one, after about a month of use, began to get really wierd on me. It was on christmas eve that i was attempting to text message someone, when the phone suddenly stopped sending and receiving everything. No calls, no text, no internet, no nothing. My phone was showing that i was getting 3 bars of service, yet still nothing happened. it took about 4 hours for the thing to be able to send and recieve, but it came back online. wierd, i thought at the time. it must be some sort of a fluke. fast forward about a month, and it was starting to happen with some regularity. everytime though, i'd just hard reset it and it would start to work again perfectly, untill about the middle of february. it just stopped sending and recieving. nothing worked. i took i called verizon, and we went through all the trouble shooting measures. looked like a broken radio, they said, so they sent me a new one. That's great, i said, and i took the new one, and went back to using it again perfectly. That was untill about 3 hours ago. Around 6 pm today, it went back to the same thing- it won't send or recieve text/calls/data. I'm just about fed up with this thing. At first i thought it was the greatest thing, but after all this, i think i'm switiching to the treo. After googling my problem, i couldn't come up with anything- essentially, i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, is there anything i can do about it without contacting verizon? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
nautor

gdpmumin
04-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Switching to the Treo will not ease your problems. You'll want to slit your wrists, I promise. I speak from experience.

Realizing I'm asking an obvious question, have you upgraded to the latest OS?

nautor
04-06-2006, 08:01 PM
no, not yet. do you think that will fix the problem? i mean, right now it's the biggest pain in the ass that i've ever dealt with in my life

gdpmumin
04-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

That would be my first stop. I haven't ever heard of your specific issues, even pre-upgrade. But upgrading certainly won't hurt. I would do it ASAP.

pnd4pnd
04-06-2006, 08:09 PM
have you updated to the latest firmware on verizon's site? does the phone say data connection refused when things stop working? if so update the firmware. you will be much happier.

eric

nyc2socal
04-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I have not had your issue.. Of course, I've only had my 7130e for 2 months or so. I also echo what everyone else said, update the firmware, it can't hurt.

nautor
04-07-2006, 01:36 AM
where can i go about getting the firmware? is it through RIM's site?

marcfogel
04-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Here's the deal. I'm on my second 7130e (i bought the first one as soon as they became available, about a week after thanksgiving). The first one, after about a month of use, began to get really wierd on me. It was on christmas eve that i was attempting to text message someone, when the phone suddenly stopped sending and receiving everything. No calls, no text, no internet, no nothing. My phone was showing that i was getting 3 bars of service, yet still nothing happened. it took about 4 hours for the thing to be able to send and recieve, but it came back online. wierd, i thought at the time. it must be some sort of a fluke. fast forward about a month, and it was starting to happen with some regularity. everytime though, i'd just hard reset it and it would start to work again perfectly, untill about the middle of february. it just stopped sending and recieving. nothing worked. i took i called verizon, and we went through all the trouble shooting measures. looked like a broken radio, they said, so they sent me a new one. That's great, i said, and i took the new one, and went back to using it again perfectly. That was untill about 3 hours ago. Around 6 pm today, it went back to the same thing- it won't send or recieve text/calls/data. I'm just about fed up with this thing. At first i thought it was the greatest thing, but after all this, i think i'm switiching to the treo. After googling my problem, i couldn't come up with anything- essentially, i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, is there anything i can do about it without contacting verizon? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
nautor

What is it saying on the device?

1XEV, 1X or 1x or nothing

GeekNJ
04-07-2006, 05:34 AM
where can i go about getting the firmware? is it through RIM's site?http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry

jungleland
04-07-2006, 08:29 AM

Switching to the Treo will not ease your problems. You'll want to slit your wrists, I promise. I speak from experience.

Realizing I'm asking an obvious question, have you upgraded to the latest OS?

Agreed, Treos are the biggest pieces of crap and Belong in Beta...The most unstable devices out there...

nautor
04-07-2006, 10:40 AM
it says 1x on the device

jungleland
04-07-2006, 11:58 AM

Thanks,
nautor

First, where do you live? are you located in a valley area? Try Sending your service books from the web client and re regestering Host Routing Table....

nautor
04-07-2006, 05:06 PM
no, i'm not in a valley- i'm in boston. it's definately not a service/reception thing, it's clearly a problem with the phone. it's the wierdest thing though, like, it sometimes works, and then it'll stop working for a while. right now, i'm honestly about as disapointed as can be with this thing.
but, jungleland, how would i go about reregistering the host routing table? if you wouldn't mind giving me a step by step it'd be much apreciated.

paradisephoto
04-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Nautor,

fellow Bostonian. Had the same problem. go to options, advanced options, host routing table, click on the first option on the menu, select "register now". Worked like a charm for me a few days ago, no issues since.

pin 300e8207, jazzyjeff@<hidden>

jungleland
04-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Nautor,

fellow Bostonian. Had the same problem. go to options, advanced options, host routing table, click on the first option on the menu, select "register now". Worked like a charm for me a few days ago, no issues since.

pin 300e8207, jazzyjeff@<hidden>

Correct...

Nick.kolin@gmail.com
07-06-2006, 05:58 PM