PDA

View Full Version : Unresponsive Back Button?

Bear
04-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I did a bit of searching on this issue, didn't find much, so I wanted to ask if anyone else had experienced this.

The back button on my 7290 has recently become really unresponsive. The odd thing is every so often, it works just fine. Most of the time however it takes several attempts or a really firm press to register.

I've wiped and reloaded the software, so I'm wondering if it may be a dust issue or something? I'm not familiar with the mechanism, so I don't know if something could get caught in the button switch assembly that would cause something like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PingGuy
04-08-2006, 12:30 PM
I've had the same problem with my 7520 for a few months now, it's annoying as hell. It was fine for most of the first year but then it suddenly started doing this. I'm very tempted to open it up and clean it out, I figure it's dirt or the effects of multiple drops. I'll report back if I end up doing anything about it.

Bear
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Well, I know my warranty is up, so I suppose the only thing really stopping me from cracking it open to see if I can fix it is my own fear at the inability to get it back together.