PDA

View Full Version : 7130 misdials when in pocket

Curtisannev
04-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Man this misdialing is really bugging me

The 71000r never misdialed when in my pocket but the 7130 does 5 times a day

I can find no quick keyboard lock , may actually dump this phone for this reason.
Wish I could file the keys down by 50%

Now with the 7100r I never did lock the keyboard and I hate a holster.

I just slide it into by shirt pocket or jacket pock or sometime my blue jean pocket.

I also wear a Bluetooth headset so it works well when answering the phone from these locations

Problem is to lock the keyboard is a real pain in the Butt, if you know a quick way like two-key-macro PLEASE tell me. thanks

To lock the 7130e
1. First I need to escape out of where over I am and sometimes that takes 5 escapes,
2. then scroll down 3 screen of Icons and
3. Then try to click the right icon while driving.. good luck
4. to me this is like 20 actions to lock the keyboard ( even if I could rename the lock so it is the top icon would be a good start

The only semi solution I have is I sometimes put it in the holster to lock it then I pull it back out and then I put it into my pocket.

The reason I don't like the holster is it is too obtrusive.. Bugs me when I put it on the side belt and interferes with the seat belt and I weigh 215 lbs and if it is too far forward it bites into my stomach.

Whish they had a very skinny one sided hostler that just protected the keyboard

EricaJ1074
04-09-2006, 02:19 PM
You don't have to rename the lock icon, just move it. Click the ALT button and the trackwheeel and select Move Icon and put the locking icon in a more convenient spot on your main screen (for example, put it by messages or your phone's browser. I move my icons around all the time). Hide the other programs, apps, etc. u don't use.

roofus
04-09-2006, 02:21 PM
1.map your convenience key to lock the keyboard.
2. move your lock icon to a more convenient location.

gdpmumin
04-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Why not just use the built-in keyboard lock function? Hold down the * key for a couple of seconds. To unlock, press * and the green send button. Works great.

Curtisannev
04-09-2006, 11:32 PM
hey hey .. just may have saved the day thanks everyone now I will try and figure out how to map my convience key

gdpmumin
04-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

But you don't have to map the convenience key for this. Just press and hold the * key. It's intended to do exactly what you want to do.

nick2577
04-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Nice trick man. Thnx. :)