PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Shield & Vaja Case

Beazzy
04-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Wondering if anyone is having a similar problem:

I am using an Invisible Shield Screen Protector for my 8700. It has been great, application was a snap - no problems with edges lifting, etc...

Until I started using my new Vaja case. I purchased the RI052.
Well, now the edges on my Invisible Shield are puckering and/or rippling. I think it is caused by the seam on the inside of the Vaja case, where the leather is sewn to the plastic.

When it is in the case, I can't see the problem but without the case, it looks bad and is causing the edge of the shield to lift.

Not thrilled. Don't want to buy another Invisible Shield.

Just wondering what others have found. I continue to be displeased with the Vaja case.

Liv
04-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Yikes. I am sorry about the vaja case...did you know the Invisible Shield has a lifetime garuntee? (whoa, messed up the spelling on that one) and that they will send you a new one since it is coming apart?

gwar11d2
04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Here is what I did:
Returned my Vaja Case...it's too tight for anything extra on the device.
E-mailed invisible shield, they sent me a new one.
Bought a Fortte case
applied the new invisible shield...

Now I'm happy.

Beazzy
04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I hadn't thought about contacting them about the problem since it appears to be the result of the rubbing against the Vaja case. Maybe I'll email the shield folks.
Thx.

takeshi
04-13-2006, 09:25 AM
The Vaja cases are pretty tight. They're really not designed for inserting and removing the device, especially if you have a film protector like the IS. If you need to constantly remove and insert the device you should seriously consider a holster or at least a looser fitting case.

MGO
04-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Same situation. The protective plastic is sewn in on the vaja. The stitching for the leather/plastic attachment shifts against the invisible shield. This disturbs the shield. If you place the 8700c under a tensor or similar light for just two minutes you can smooth out the invisible shield to almost new. The good news is there is no damage to the underlyng screen I will not use the vaja case. I am actually taking the plasticand stitching off the vaja.

jrusso2006
04-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Same siutation here. And until the extended battery came out, I was considering how to remove the InvisiShield and stick with the Vaja. However, now the Vaja has limitations inasmuch as the extended battery cover wont fit into the Vaja. So I am back to a buckled puckered Inivishield. I think I will peel it off and start over. Joe

eric0668
05-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Would you guys and gals recommend the ScreenPatronus, Invisible Shield or The Best Skins Ever?

Thank You
Eric
QUOTE=Beazzy]Wondering if anyone is having a similar problem:

I am using an Invisible Shield Screen Protector for my 8700. It has been great, application was a snap - no problems with edges lifting, etc...

Until I started using my new Vaja case. I purchased the RI052.
Well, now the edges on my Invisible Shield are puckering and/or rippling. I think it is caused by the seam on the inside of the Vaja case, where the leather is sewn to the plastic.

When it is in the case, I can't see the problem but without the case, it looks bad and is causing the edge of the shield to lift.

Not thrilled. Don't want to buy another Invisible Shield.

Just wondering what others have found. I continue to be displeased with the Vaja case.[/QUOTE]