PDA

View Full Version : Email to groups from BB

Slippery
04-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey all-

Not sure if this should be here or in the enterprise forum but here goes. We are using the GroupWise BES with mostly 7520 devices. One of my users was trying to send an email to a group he created in his frequent contacts address book (the one the BES has listed for this user) and he could not see the group he created. Is there a way to filter to see distirbution lists or is it not possible to email to groups from the BB device?

Thanks.
Slip

d_fisher
04-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Groups do not sync with the BlackBerry address book. You have to manually create a group on the BlackBerry and add user to it.

scotth
04-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know the reasoning for this? Is there a good reason? Seems a bit strange to me...

kelvin
04-12-2006, 03:58 PM
I asked the same question of our admin and got no good answer. I use lots of these lists. On ones I use while out of the office, I recreate the on the BB - not really the most efficient way but it works for me.

scotth
04-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Yea, you have to re-create them on the BB. But they are not dynamic. Very frustrating!

d_fisher
04-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know the reasoning for this? Is there a good reason? Seems a bit strange to me...Limitation of the Blackberry at the moment. I am sure it is something they are working on for future enhancements.

Slippery
04-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks all...I thought maybe I was missing something.

Slip

scotth
04-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Limitation of the Blackberry at the moment. I am sure it is something they are working on for future enhancements.
Yea, just frustrating as it was a limitation with the 7280's till now. You would have thought they could have fixed it by now! Lots of OS rev's...