PDA

View Full Version : reload BES IT policy

g2_nextel
04-15-2006, 12:12 AM
my company has been issuing 7520's for the last year and i have learned so much from all the knowledgeable people in this forum. yesterday, one of my employees received a new 7520 and i helped him set it up. once it was registered and working i noticed that he had a couple of icons that i did not have any more. the icons were removed when a new IT policy was downloaded to my BB a couple of months ago. i looked at his settings and his IT policy has a date (time stamp) of april 2006 while mine has feb 2006. my question is how can i update my BB so that i can receive the most current IT policy?? thanks in advance.

IT Guy
04-15-2006, 12:38 AM
In Blackberry Manager
Right click on user
Click on Properties
Click on IT Admin
Click Resend Policy

g2_nextel
04-15-2006, 12:49 AM
thanks for your reply but i do not have access to blackberry manager. i was hoping that i could do something to my BB that would force it to upload the most current IT policy.

g2_nextel
04-15-2006, 07:35 PM
anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

IT Guy
04-15-2006, 11:34 PM
The BES administrator is the only solution. Send the administrator a message requesting the latest policy. It could be that you are a member of a different policy group, or that the IT Policy isn't updating on your 7520. I have one that will not update sometimes. I have to ask for it to be brought in so I can wipe it and start over with a new installation. The 7250's can work great for several months and just decide to cause problems one day.

I have never had anyone ask for an IT Policy. Most people would like to have your problem.