PDA

View Full Version : Tmo Int'l Roaming Not Working....Please help

mjbb
04-15-2006, 11:21 AM
I know this question may have been asked before, but right now I am sitting at a hotel in London and don't have much time to search for the right answer. So please bear with me.

My bb8700g is not working here in London! I am a new user, just activated this phone on Wednesday. My bb knowledge is very limited. I have the unlimited BIS data plan in the US (was working seamlessly at home). Added the Unlimited Int'l Email plan ($20/mo) before I came. On My Tmobile it shows I do have it included, but my bb kept showing "searching". I tried to switch to Manually select network. It says "emergency service only" and won't connect.

Anyone has any idea what could be the problem, or what's missing? Thank you in advance for you help...it is so much appreciated, as you can imagine :?

NJBlackBerry
04-15-2006, 11:26 AM
First thing I would do it pop the battery out - I know you shouldn't have to do it, but reseting the radio may help.

If not, I suggest you call T-Mobile International Customer care at +1 (505) 998-3793 and get an answer from them.... Sounds to me like a provisioning problem.

MikeD
04-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Try removing and re-inserting the SIM.

I am a US TMo customer with an unlocked 8700c and I roamed fine (voice and data) in London last week. While in London I dropped my bb one day - thankfully in it's leather holster - and the device switched to SOS icon top right instead of GPRS or EDGE or whatever. I tried rebooting a couple of times and same problem. I opened the device up and re-inserted the SIM and then all was fine.

If this won't fix the problem it is likely a service/provisioning problem - given that you have already tried manual network selection.

mjbb
04-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks NJ. I tried taking the battery in and out...twice. No luck, still searching for network. Guess it's a tmo issue. I'll have to call to find out. Thanks again.

kd78
04-15-2006, 11:58 AM
The same thing happened to me on a trip to Australia. I had to call the Tmo international number and they got it working in minutes. It had to do with provisioning.

tfaz1
04-15-2006, 12:23 PM
This happened to me. Here's the problem.

International Call Blocking is enabled on every T-Mo account by default. T-Mobile failed to remove this before my trip to Europe. So while I added International BB Unlimited, it didn't work until I removed International Call Blocking.

You need to call them up and have them remove it over the phone, as this option cannot be changed through the my.t-mobile.com.

mjbb
04-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for your response. It is exactly as everyone said: adding the service itself does not activate the int'l roaming. Was on the phone w/ tmo for 5 minutes and removed the battery after that. The service came up right away! Have to give tmo cs kudos for this. He even called me back to make sure it was ok. Can't say the same for my rep though (thought he was supposed to communicate w/tmo on my behalf.

Lessons learned:

1. Always come to this board first w/ questions and problems!
2. Always call tmo direct w/ change of plans or features. I will not trust a rep again.
3. Make sure you call before you leave for the trip!

Thanks so much everyone... Couldn't be happier now :)