PDA

View Full Version : new to this, HOW DO I GET MY EMAILS

africonda
04-15-2006, 08:12 PM
OK, im sure you guys have all encountered this problem, i have just been very busy with school and have no tried to fix it. i got my blackberry 7100i in feb. everything was perfect until suddenly i stopped getting any emails, i have called nextel atleast 4 times and they just give me some bullshit run around, i was wondering if you guys know the solution to this problem. i can still send emails from my handheld but it does not recieve any emails at all........ thanks in advance.

coreyg510
04-15-2006, 08:15 PM
First of all, Welcome.

Second of all, give us some more information. Are you using BIS or BES? What have you tried to do so far? What email account are you not receiving for any longer. Is it something like GMail or Yahoo? Or is this a personal email account with a company?

Get my drift. the more you write, the better chance you have at getting your problem fixed.

africonda
04-15-2006, 10:50 PM
well pretty much i have my gmail forwarded to it, i am not using the blackberry enterprise, so im guessing im using hte BIS, i havent really tried anything so far but call nextel and they have done nothing. i am not receiving any emails from my gmail accout anymore, but the actual gmail account itself is still receiving the emails so i know it has to be my blackberry, i could use some help

digital/blasphemy
04-16-2006, 03:05 AM
well pretty much i have my gmail forwarded to it, i am not using the blackberry enterprise, so im guessing im using hte BIS, i havent really tried anything so far but call nextel and they have done nothing. i am not receiving any emails from my gmail accout anymore, but the actual gmail account itself is still receiving the emails so i know it has to be my blackberry, i could use some help

try setting up gmail to forward to you blackberry e-mail address (on t-mobile, mine looks like user@<hidden>).

to do this go into gmail settings and POP forwarding options

africonda
04-16-2006, 05:40 AM
thanks digital/blasphemy and coreyg510, i seems like i got my email working, i reset the forwarding on my gmail accout and my handheld is getting my emails again, thanks guys

ShaneToronto
04-16-2006, 01:10 PM
wow. taht was easy.

DINide
04-16-2006, 01:58 PM
i also learned that if you change your passwords on your email accts, that you have to update them on your BB desktop