PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make a swivel case with sleep function?

apbb2
02-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm loving my new 7100g so far, but hate the case that came with it.

All i want is a similar case with a swivel on it, or a side case would be fine.

I found one on smart phone depot but no sleep function.

Anyone?

BBmertz
02-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Let me know if you find one, since I am interested as well. Otherwise, I may resort to attaching a universal swivel clip with adhesive backing (e.g. Belkin model #F8V6999) to a traditional leather slipper case with sleep function.

I anxiously await receiving my 7100g on Friday...

mchilders
02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
I just bought one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5753646901

It looks pretty nice.

It was talked about in this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3945

I have the 7100t.
-Mark

roybeasley
02-27-2005, 09:39 PM
I bought one of the cases listed on eBay. It works great, and the sleep function operates perfectly.

shorty
02-28-2005, 06:05 PM
I bought one of the eBay cases, too, and am waiting for it to arrive. I'll post my thoughts in the "original" thread (http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3945) once I get it.

mbn
02-28-2005, 11:20 PM
I bought this case about a week ago and received it today. Very nice quality and sleep function works perfectly.

This would be exactly what I'm looking for if it didn't have the flip top, but it is a BIG step up from the very un-functional case the 7100g came with. I never realized how important the swivel clip is for comfort when sitting.

Overall, I highly recommend this case for the 7100g.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5753646901

The guy selling this item must be making a killing because it's the only halfway decent leather case with a swivel clip that I found after searching the web for a week.

penk
03-03-2005, 02:34 PM
For direct purchase, g here: http://www.gizmoskin.com/7100.htm

Although, I'm sure many here would recommend a vigil at ebay to await another "auction".
The cost to you (both item and shipping) would be much more pleasant.

shorty
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
For direct purchase, g here: http://www.gizmoskin.com/7100.htm

Although, I'm sure many here would recommend a vigil at ebay to await another "auction".
The cost to you (both item and shipping) would be much more pleasant.

This is the case that mbn listed above (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5753646901). I, too, purchased it through eBay last week and corresponded with the seller via email (one Mr. Gizmo Skin as his email signature attests!). It cost me $28.90 (BuyItNow) including shipping and it arrived today. Excellent case and an excellent seller. Very attractive case, nice leather, seems to be a quite sturdy belt-clip and the sleep function definitely works -- well worth the price. I don't know that I'd pay the full price from the GizmoSkin.com site but, then, I'm cheap! :)

goblue1969
03-15-2005, 07:28 AM
I just received the same case from the ebay seller last week. Quick review:

* fits the phone perfectly
* not too tight, not too loose
* will not work with egrips....bye, bye egrips
* belt clip is "low profile" compared to others I have tried so the case doesn't stick out too far
* belt clip can be rotated to allow phone to be parallel with belt
* sleep function enabled
* nice leather
* less than $30 delivered

No complaints whatsoever.

davemayo
03-15-2005, 08:37 AM
"No complaints whatsoever."

Ditto here.

daward
03-15-2005, 11:35 AM
I received the same case a couple days ago and it's much better than any of the other cases being sold. I like the fact that the unit can be charged while still in its case. No complaints here either.

sactoroy
03-15-2005, 12:29 PM
nevermind

cbandler
03-15-2005, 02:21 PM
If you go directly to gizmoskin.com it will cost you $39.95 for this case. Go to ebay.com and search for 7100 case and buy it for $21.95!

MooseNYC
03-16-2005, 02:07 AM
Is the 'sleep' function necessary? I notice that when I put the phone down without going back into the supplied 'holster' that the screen turns off just like if I had put it in.

I like this time out function a lot. Isn't it the same as putting the device back into the normal case that has the magnet?

Dave

El Chino
03-16-2005, 09:30 AM
The magnet feature does a lot more. When holstered it allows the user to setup a different profile - meaning that out of the holster it will ring and in the holster vibrate only or vibrate then ring or do nothing.

You could choose for it to beep when a message/email comes through or vibrate etc based on whether it is in the holster or not.

It is a good feature for people who while at the office do not want the phone to ring when they are with patients/clients etc.

gregg
03-16-2005, 02:01 PM
I too got the ebay referenced case. So far so good.....

Howard Beale
03-17-2005, 12:23 AM
I also bought the same case on eBay. It is really nice. Quality leather. Nice fit. Sleeper function. Top-shelf swivel clip. A value at twice the price.

revision78
03-17-2005, 09:52 AM
I ordered the same one off ebay with the magnetic hatch over the top and am in love with it. The stock case is crap and totally not worth the 15dollars to replace it from RIM. We had it in about 3 business days and i can't describe how nice it is to actually feel safe running across a street without fear of my t playing frogger while i watch helplessly.

El Chino
03-17-2005, 12:35 PM
If you go directly to gizmoskin.com it will cost you $39.95 for this case. Go to ebay.com and search for 7100 case and buy it for $21.95!

Where on eBAY? I cannot find one. Do you have an item number?

TIA

ddenson
03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Where on eBAY? I cannot find one. Do you have an item number?

TIA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15035&item=5760581958&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

revision78
03-17-2005, 02:15 PM
so worth the money...

MooseNYC
03-22-2005, 12:30 AM
...... The stock case is crap ..... [i]actually feel safe running across a street without fear of my [7100] playing frogger while i watch helplessly.

LOL!!!!

I totally agree.. I'm always holding my hand over the open cover as I cross the street. The only problem I've run into is that the general public thinks that I'm 'packing' ... although the fact that I (apparently) look like a plain clothes cop doesn't help matters.

vwdogma
03-28-2005, 12:57 PM
The magnet feature does a lot more. When holstered it allows the user to setup a different profile - meaning that out of the holster it will ring and in the holster vibrate only or vibrate then ring or do nothing.

You could choose for it to beep when a message/email comes through or vibrate etc based on whether it is in the holster or not.

It is a good feature for people who while at the office do not want the phone to ring when they are with patients/clients etc.

It's also more convenient: when you receive a message or phone call, just taking the BB out of the holster automatically opens the message/answers the call. (y)

bossfan
03-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know if this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15036&item=5762774211&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW is the same as the one mentioned above? It looks identical, but it's a few dollars less.

Thanks.

sirhijinx
04-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the advice Guys!! Ordered one last week and am eagerly a waiting it's arrival.
Later...

BBmertz
04-13-2005, 09:20 AM
I just received the same case from the ebay seller last week. Quick review:

* fits the phone perfectly
* not too tight, not too loose
* will not work with egrips....bye, bye egrips
* belt clip is "low profile" compared to others I have tried so the case doesn't stick out too far
* belt clip can be rotated to allow phone to be parallel with belt
* sleep function enabled
* nice leather
* less than $30 delivered

No complaints whatsoever.

The Ebay case was nicely designed, however I ended up making my own swivel case by purchasing the Leather Pouch from the www.shopblackberry.com website and attaching a tab from the universal Swivel Belt Clip kit from Belkin (#F8V6999, available for about $9.99 from OfficeMax or Staples). I like this modified case better since it is easier to clip on and off my belt, has less visible stitching, and because the Belkin kit comes with an additional mount so that the case can easily hang from the dash of my car.

FYI, similar to the ebay case, the leather pouch from Blackberry does have the sleeper function and allows the phone to be recharged without removal from the case. The only minor downside of the Blackberry pouch is that the side has elastic rather than leather and the LED on top of the phone is covered by the magnetic leather flap. Overall, you can't go wrong with either case.

rudyo
04-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Egrips can't be used on the leather Ebay case? Ouch... I love my egrips and was about to order this case. I'm using egrips on the stock vinyl blackberry 7100 case and while it is a bit snug, it works very well.