PDA

View Full Version : Can't Sync Calendar

jbsooner
04-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Ok I export my calendar to CSV, then import using the desktop software, but my calendar appointments don't show up on my device. But when I go to options It says there are 317 entries, and that is how many I imported. I use the 8700c. Any Ideas?

justin.culp
04-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Ok I export my calendar to CSV, then import using the desktop software, but my calendar appointments don't show up on my device. But when I go to options It says there are 317 entries, and that is how many I imported. I use the 8700c. Any Ideas?

Why don't you just point your desktop software to your calendar? Configure PIM...

jbsooner
04-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Because my calendar is on a server which the desktop software can't see.

justin.culp
04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Because my calendar is on a server which the desktop software can't see.
Mine is too.

You got to go into the Desktop Manager...intellisync....configure pim, click on calendar, click on choose, click browse, point it where it needs to be.

Are you using Outlook?

jbsooner
04-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Ok, the desktop software is loaded on my computer, outlook is not. Outlook is loaded up when I log onto my citrix session, that is why I have to export to a csv file and point to that. I did all that, It says it loaded all the entries into the calendar, but none of them show up to view. In other words the desktop software won't recognize the outlook.

justin.culp
04-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Ok, the desktop software is loaded on my computer, outlook is not. Outlook is loaded up when I log onto my citrix session, that is why I have to export to a csv file and point to that. I did all that, It says it loaded all the entries into the calendar, but none of them show up to view. In other words the desktop software won't recognize the outlook.

Ahhhh...gotcha....are you sure they aren't listed under a filter? Go to your calendar, wheelclick, go to filter and do not check any.

jbsooner
04-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I went to my calendar wheelclick and there is no option for filters....?

justin.culp
04-17-2006, 01:00 PM
I went to my calendar wheelclick and there is no option for filters....?

I'm an idiot....I had contacts and calendar mixed up....if you wheelclick and go to options, does it have a number of entries at the bottom?

jbsooner
04-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes it says 317, and that is how many I imported.

justin.culp
04-17-2006, 03:04 PM
It's gotta be a mapping problem then. Did you check that?

jbsooner
04-17-2006, 03:09 PM
How do I check that?

jbsooner
04-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Ok, Now I think I know what happened. When I synced it put all 317 updates into one day, the day I synced, but the weird thing is there are no descriptions.