PDA

View Full Version : My 7130e dead after 5 months???

animlmed
04-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Tonight, I noticed that my 7130e's red notification light was solid. I picked it up and pressed the escape button: nothing. Tried pressing the "on" button: nothing. I pull the battery and put it back in: nothing. I pull the battery out again and leave it out for a minute or two. I put it back in and the red indicatr light comes on and the white screen shows up for a split second, then goes away and the unit won't do anything. I take that back. I'm sitting here looking at it and the white screen flashes every minute or so like it wants to restart, but then nothing.

Is she dead already? Did I push the engines to the extreme captain? I'm open to suggestions. Thank you in advance!!!

d_fisher
04-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Sounds dead to me. Take it back to Verizon for warrantry replacement.

gdpmumin
04-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I agree. Sounds like a mourning period is forthcoming.

It does have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Shouldn't cost you anything to replace it, although they may send you a refurb.

EricaJ1074
04-19-2006, 11:15 PM
That happened to me once before with a different phone. I called and got a replacement.

animlmed
04-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Thank you all. That's what I thought you'd say. I hate going back and getting a refurb. I pay almost 500 bucks for the phone, it lives 5 months, and then they give me one someone's had presed against their face previously. Not too big a fan of that.

gdpmumin
04-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Well, you may be in luck. Here in SC, the data center doesn't stock refurbed BBs. So when they replace one it's always with a new unit. But I do know that Verizon does ship out refurbed units in some areas. Maybe you're in one that only uses new ones. Or maybe if you make enough noise ... I know I wouldn't be happy about that situation either.

KonTiki
04-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Thank you all. That's what I thought you'd say. I hate going back and getting a refurb. I pay almost 500 bucks for the phone, it lives 5 months, and then they give me one someone's had presed against their face previously. Not too big a fan of that.

There is nothing wrong with a refurbished, it has gone through all the factory resets and inspections, And your 1 yr warranty starts on the day you get it all over again, so if it screws up they send out another one.