PDA

View Full Version : PIN and ESN/IMEI Issues - 7100g

craiglcooper
04-23-2006, 08:49 AM
I just received a used 7100g from another prior owner. When trying to setup my personal email by entering the PIN and ESN/IMEI associated with my phone on the Blackberry/Cingular sites, I receive the following message.

"The PIN and ESN/IMEI you have provided are already associated with an account within our system"

It seems like the pin and esn/imei are still connected with the previous user. How do I associate my phone with my email? Thanks.

Fireproof
04-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Someone needs to call the previous owner's carrier and have them release the PIN/IMEI from their system that is tying it to his account.

(I'm sure someone with the technical language can be more specific, but that's the gist of it...)

craiglcooper
04-23-2006, 09:57 AM
I purchased from an ebay wholesaler. The phone is a cingular phone. Can I, as the new owner, have them release the previous owner (unknown to me) and have them reconnect to my phone/profile?

Fireproof
04-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Yes, if you get a knowledgable and friendly customer service rep. Give it a shot - tell them you bought the phone used and need to have that taken care of.

craiglcooper
04-23-2006, 10:04 AM
I purchased from an ebay wholesaler. The phone is a cingular phone. Can I, as the new owner, have them release the previous owner (unknown to me) and have them reconnect to my phone/profile?

craiglcooper
04-23-2006, 10:07 AM
thanks