PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Wireless/Blackberry Service Issues

ShaneToronto
04-24-2006, 01:30 AM
I have noticed that my blackberry service tends to drop off temporarily at around 2 am recently. This happened on saturday night as well as tonight.

I'm on Rogers with an 8700 on the harbourfront in downtown toronto.

Has anyone else noticed this- anyone in my general area? I would assume that this is a blackberry service issue rather than a rogers issue because i am getting lowercase gprs/edge- although at times I couldn't get past gsm.

Thanks

Shane

allenranger2
04-24-2006, 02:12 AM
Call Rogers' support to find out whether maintenance is being performed in your area. I know that Saturday night is a popular time for T-Mo in NYC for the routine maintenance stuff. I had lowercase edge for a few mins as well.

ShaneToronto
04-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah. I tried calling Rogers support last night, however they shut down after 9 pm. Everything else is open, but they can't give me any information with regards to wireless handheld network status/support/etc.

And when i called them tday, they can't determine if there was any past network maintenance issued. THey just have a white board in tehir call centre which they write current issues on- that's where they get their info.

grumble.