PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Internet Service Help

cstudor
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I left my blackberry at home and am trying to connect to the internet service using a pc, but only my account information shows up nothing else.
How do I read my emails using blackberry internet service?

cstudor
04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Please This Is Urgent, I Need To Access My Blackberry Emails.
Anyone Know What's Going On With The Service?

KonTiki
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
With the new BIS in place you cannot do that. Another reason to have your emails forwarded from gmail or any other email account to your BB rather than have email go direct to your handheld.

cstudor
04-24-2006, 01:29 PM
With the new BIS in place you cannot do that. Another reason to have your emails forwarded from gmail or any other email account to your BB rather than have email go direct to your handheld.

Can I have all bb emails forwarded to another email account?
some clients have a tendency to email me using bb address rather than regular email.

So we will no longer be able to manage our information on a pc?
That stinks!

Fireproof
04-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Rather than doing that, you should set up your "reply to" information so that no one ever SEES (let alone, uses) your blackberry email account.

KonTiki
04-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Rather than doing that, you should set up your "reply to" information so that no one ever SEES (let alone, uses) your blackberry email account.

And if you do this then you will be able to manage from your pc again, what I do is i have 8 different accounts forward to gmail, there with the aid of filters i get rid of spam, and sort as to what should be forwarded to my BB. I keep copies at the gmail until such time as I need to get rid of them. The BB is free and clear, I do not use it for storage and more important, no one has that email address either.

rcbjr
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM
----

Another reason I'm not happy with this proposed change. Now instead of having important and private information stored on servers run by a company with a reputation for security, we have to have them stored on servers run by a company whose stated purpose is to put all information on the internet. The other choice is that company's competor, both make their money selling content based advertising. I limit who has my BB email address and only a lot of the stuff that comes in, I realy don't want stored on Yahoo or Google servers.

Thanks for letting me rant.
Rcbjr

takeshi
04-25-2006, 08:06 AM
You don't have to use Yahoo or Gmail. There are plenty of other mail hosting options that can be integrated with BIS if security is your top concern (not that email is secure anyway).