PDA

View Full Version : Outlook - Wireless Sync & USB Sync

alect
02-12-2005, 06:22 PM
I have my 7280 set up on Wireless Sync with Outlook via BES. All working fine. But I notice that when I connect the BB via USB to my laptop and sync, messages on my BB disappear from the Messages view, but they are still in the Outlook Inbox.

What is the relationship of wireless sync and cable sync - does one override the other? What is happening in the above scenario? Can I change it?

rta53
02-13-2005, 02:16 PM
It's my understanding that if you are using wireless e-mail sync you cannot do desktop sync. If you have version 3.6 or 3.7 of the handheld software you still have to sync PIM stuff using the desktop, but e-mail and calendar can be done over the air.

jibi
02-13-2005, 04:01 PM
e-mail is not synched by any means other than wireless. the sync that occurs when you hook up via USB is for calendar, notes, tasks, and contacts.

alect
02-13-2005, 07:52 PM
I have OS4 on the handheld. And I thought that email and calendar do not sync over USB if set up over wireless but something is happening as the messages are disappearing.

Is there an archive function? I may need to change the settings.

jibi
02-13-2005, 09:22 PM
theres a default 30 days option. go into messages then click your trackwheel and then options. under general options, the last option is Keep Messages.

rta53
02-14-2005, 06:27 AM
I don't think the 30 days option is his problem. We have the same setup as alect, Microsoft Exchange (we are using Exchange Server 2003), Outlook for e-mail, and BES 4.0. With this setup you don't even need the desktop software other than to load programs from the PC. What you need to check is whether your BES is set up properly. By default it is set up so the server wins when reconciling e-mails. Yours should be set up this way unless someone has changed it. I have an advantage in that I also maintain our BES.

Randy