PDA

View Full Version : HELP: delete bulk messages

liuhais
04-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I got a BB ( 6750 ) from my manager, there are a lot of messages in the Inbox, I would like to delete all of them.
I noticed that I have to delete them one by one :(
Is there a way to remove all emails much more quickly?

And from "Options" -> "Status", I can see:
File Free: 2206748 Bytes
File Total: 8257536 Bytes

How can I check what stuff occupied that 8MB space? And how can I remove some useless stuff?

Thanks!

careyana
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
You should be able to hi-lite a date, click the wheel and select "Delete prior."

liuhais
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks a lot careyana!
How about Calendar? I tried to use "delete prior" in "Calendar", but it didn't remove prior items at all :(

And any one knows how I can check what stuff occupied 8MB space in my bb?
Thanks!

d_fisher
04-24-2006, 05:49 PM
How about Calendar? I tried to use "delete prior" in "Calendar", but it didn't remove prior items at all There is no such deletion method in the Calendar. You can specify that it removes calendar entries after as little as 15 days old automatically. Open the calendar, press the scroll wheel, select Options. Change Keep Appointments to desired setting.

rcbjr
04-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Another Option for bulk deletion of messages if they are sequential in a filter or folder is to highlight the first and press and hold the Left Shift (Num) key, then roll the the trackwheel to get to the last you want to delete. Now press the delete key or press the track wheel to get the menu and select delete.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

liuhais
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
There is no such deletion method in the Calendar. You can specify that it removes calendar entries after as little as 15 days old automatically. Open the calendar, press the scroll wheel, select Options. Change Keep Appointments to desired setting.

Hi d_fisher,

I couldn't find the "Keep Appointments" in "Options" in my :bb: (6750) :(

fmaglin
04-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi d_fisher,

I couldn't find the "Keep Appointments" in "Options" in my :bb: (6750) :(
I couldn't find it on my 7290 either.