PDA

View Full Version : Jiveslide Problems

gbarthels
04-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi,
can someone help me with this problem? Or may have experienced something similar?

Most recently I have been adding photos to my Yahoo photo album, when I received the following error message while trying to attempt to fetch the photos: "Error: Yahoo folder ID must be exactly 4 character (rest not readable)"

I am using Jiveslide with a Blackberry 8700g on T-Mobile.

Thanks.
--Guido

soka
05-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I have the same problem...anyone know the solution?
Thanks!

Edewhirst
05-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi,

We looked into the problem and think we have a fix in - could you give it another try and we shall see if that does it?

Thanks,

Eric

I have the same problem...anyone know the solution?
Thanks!

soka
05-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Once again you pull through as the hero....thank you!

bobhammer
05-02-2006, 10:05 PM
And by the way, when will the new version of jiveslide launch? the one which can save the pic to the bb??

Edewhirst
05-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi Bobhammer,

As for the next release of JiveSlide we have been terribly delayed with other projects and the launch has slipped away from us. However we are anticipating a new version within a month or two. Right now the beta version can save the image but instead of going into the “Images” folder in your blackberry it simply places an entry in your inbox and you have to then go into your messages and save the image that way. We are trying to get around this but so far have had no luck. I guess if we could get some feedback from users as to what they think of this approach that would be helpful.

So the way it works now in Beta is you have an image displayed in JiveSlide and then you choose with the thumbwheel to save the image and then when you exit from JiveSlide you will see a message in your inbox and that message has a image attached to it. You then have to save the image to your Blackberry.

Seem kind of clunky I know but because of the way the file system access is designed within the blackberry we cannot save directly to the /images/ directory on your device.

Let me know what you think,

Sincerely,

Eric

And by the way, when will the new version of jiveslide launch? the one which can save the pic to the bb??