PDA

View Full Version : Wireless off upon start up?

lieb39
04-27-2006, 05:09 AM
Hello everyone,

For some reason whenever I turn on my BB 7290 (from a hard reset- battery removed) the Wireless is off. How come?

Thanks,

lieb39

takeshi
04-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Because you don't want wireless on if you're on an aircraft and turning the device on to use the features that don't require wireless.

lieb39
04-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Okay - thanks. I just wanted to know if it was normal behaviour as well.

Cheers,

lieb39.

toddz
04-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Because you don't want wireless on if you're on an aircraft and turning the device on to use the features that don't require wireless.

I don't think that is it because if you simply turn your BlackBerry off before you get on a plane and then turn it back on while on the plane, the wireless features will automatically turn on. However, if you pull the battery out or hard reset (two things that are not done on a normal basis), then the wireless features will not automatically turn on. I beleive it is most likely that way so that after an firmware upgrade, the wireless features don't screw up the upgrage or restore operations after reboot.

toddz

richardsbd
04-27-2006, 09:06 AM
My experience with a 'few' BB7290s has been that if the Wireless is on before removing the battery, it comes back on after re-inserting the battery (after the device detects the network, of course)...

greggebhardt
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Mine wakes from a cold start with the radio going?

EricaJ1074
04-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Some BlackBerries willl regain wireless coverage on their own but some do not for some reason. I have had both happen where sometimes I have to turn wireless back on and sometimes it comes back on its own. Travelling on an airplane does not cause this to happen.

arzee303
10-10-2006, 12:38 PM
I have the same problem with my wireless being set to OFF after removing the battery. Are there any definative answers to this issue? Does anyone know of a way to make this very annoying setting go away?