PDA

View Full Version : blackberry and Acura TL

salesweasel
04-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi all,
I have a 2005 acura tl and I have to use the trackwheel to sync the bluetooth to call from my phone. It is driving me crazy!!! Acura says it is a Blackberry problem. Has anyone dealt with this issue? I can use the voice activated and it syncs up fine. But to dial on the phone it will look as though it is going blue tooth but then I have to wheel to activate hands free link.

bnandreu
04-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Actually that is the way it is supposed to work, at least for me. It's very handy when I don't want for everyone in the car to hear my conversation. It gives me the option when I'm calling someone from the BB. I have an '04 TL.

rohardi
04-27-2006, 05:12 PM
that's funny I have it set up on my 05 TL to link when the car is started. If I want to use the handset I click the track wheel and select use hand set.

sidsub
04-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Not familiar with the bluetooth in this car, but with any bluetooth device, the sync'ing should happen automatically if you have the "Trusted" flag set in the device properties in your blackberry. Just go to the Bluetooth options, select the device, and set "Trusted" to "Yes".

Tim Koltek
04-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Acura Bluetooth sucks - check the Acura forums for sympathetic ears. Its still better than their iPod "integration" thought which doesn't work AT ALL. Save yourself grief, buy the Lexus or BMW you really want. Acura is too much compromise and just doesn't measure measure up.