PDA

View Full Version : Synching to Address Book, Calender, etc w/o BES

CodeMonkey79
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM
I have a 7105t with the basic $20/month blackberry service, not the enterprise.

Is there any way I can synch a desktop app that I use for Calendar and Address Book (currently Mozilla Thunderbird, but I could change if I need a specific one) to my blackberry? Right now I am just hand entering all the info into the Blackberry and that seems like I'm missing the point of having such a device.

I've searched and found posts on how to do with with BES, but as I said, I don't have it. Is there a way to do it with just the regular BB service?

Thanks

coreyg510
04-27-2006, 04:13 PM
You are given a CD when you purchase your device and a USB cable that allows you to SYNC with a specific PIM. I use outlook, but others are available. You can sync with BIS

CodeMonkey79
04-27-2006, 05:06 PM
I'll give it another go after work today. When I started the desktop manager, I didn't see an option to sync with any of my programs. Perhaps I just missed it.

(edit)

Just found this thread in the search that explains how to for anyone else (couldn't post link because of 10 post minimum, so cut&paste)...

ww.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=32940&highlight=syncing+outlook

Thanks

coreyg510
04-27-2006, 05:11 PM
You have to select PIM preferences. Its there, trust me. But maybe not with something that you store your info on. You may have to import your info to a PIM that is listed in order to sync