PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen - WiFi Blackberry?

pgrokkos
02-14-2005, 10:37 AM
I use a 7750 from Verizon and am thinking of switching over to the 7250, but was wondering if there has been any talk of a WiFi Blackberry.

Seems to me that the next logical step for internet access would be to build in wifi for internet access. I think I recall seeing some info that some PDAs are considering WiFi or even WiMax for calling, but it would seem to be more valuable as an internet tool or possibly allowing a laptop hookup.

If not, other than the 7100 series which has its own plusses and minuses, what would the next gen Blackberry (through Verizon or others) have? Any guess as to time frame for a release?

If its a year away or more, than I'm going with the 7250. But its more of an evolutionary step (better processor which is huge, more memory which is a modest step, blue tooth which is very nice), than something like the 7100 or WiFi which are truly next steps.

rcg
02-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Wifi is only being pursued in the campus environment. This blackberry includes VoIP as well. It is designed for large organizations where the users are on site but need access to desk phone and email while away from the desk.