PDA

View Full Version : Sona Blackberry Media Player

dolo
04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Folks,

Interesting read -

"RIM's effort to position certain BlackBerries as more consumer-oriented products received a big shot in the arm today, as Sona Mobile Holdings -- which may or may not be the same company that's supposedly developing a Star Trek-themed cellphone -- announced the first-ever dedicated multimedia player for the company's "latest generation of devices." Although very little will be known about the software until it's unveiled at the Wireless Enterprise Symposium in Orlando next month, we do know that the so-called Sona BlackBerry Media Player will be able to handle streaming video, and that the first content provider will be CanWest Media Works. CanWest's offering will come in the form of a daily Sona Mobile BerryCast (their term for a wirelessly-updated podcast), which will deliver downloadable news clips to a user's device. Not even a screenshot is available yet to show you, unfortunately, but rest assured that we'll be all over this come May 16th."

Full URL: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/04/27/sona-blackberry-media-player-will-enable-streaming-video/

Regards,
dolo

NJBlackBerry
04-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Yes, this has been posted in several threads today.

dolo
04-27-2006, 08:37 PM
NJBB,

Let me save you the trouble - my apologies in advance :)

Please lock it if you will.

Regards,
dolo

NJBlackBerry
04-27-2006, 08:44 PM
No need to lock - I was just pointing out that there were a whole bunch of posts this morning (by one poster who just joined) about this.

dolo
04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I subscribed to that thread - after all it seems it was publicly announced, so need for the rumor section anyway.

Here's to a media bb - who woulda thunk this even one year ago?

Regards,
dolo

dhm201
06-02-2006, 10:35 AM
May 16th has come and gone. Has anyone seen this or have more information about the App? Any screen shot or demo video would be great.

authentication_key
06-02-2006, 01:55 PM
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=921669