PDA

View Full Version : Intellisync Error "unable to write or update application data"

jussie
04-28-2006, 11:54 PM
I have about 5000 contacts on my MS outlook that I am trying to sync with my black berry. I have managed to update most of them but now I am having problems ... After waiting for the BB to read, compare, processes and do what ever else it does, which by the way takes a huge amount time, the Intellisync gives me a very helpful error (not) that says "unable to write or update application data" and THATS IT! I have no idea what is causing this and it is very annoying. Help appreciated. Thanks.

jussie
04-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Com'on Give Me Some Help Here!!!

Baggman
04-29-2006, 11:05 PM
I have about 5000 contacts on my MS outlook that I am trying to sync with my black berry. I have managed to update most of them but now I am having problems ... After waiting for the BB to read, compare, processes and do what ever else it does, which by the way takes a huge amount time, the Intellisync gives me a very helpful error (not) that says "unable to write or update application data" and THATS IT! I have no idea what is causing this and it is very annoying. Help appreciated. Thanks.

did you see this thread?:
http://www.blackberrygaming.com/showthread.php?t=33047&highlight=write+update+unable+application+data
i'm not going to rag you about "the search button".

SMR
04-30-2006, 04:22 PM
I had the same problem. Go to the beginning of your contact list on your PC and remove all the blank contact entries and entries that don't have a name in the heading (eg an entry with just an email address but no name). That fixed my problem. If it persists, call Tmobile support, they'll escalate it to RIM, and someone there will go though your Itellisynch logs and find the hang up.

SMR