PDA

View Full Version : Why BES, MDS or BWC?

robbym
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm a personal (home office) BB user on Bell Mobility and am not connected to a corporate BES. I've read alot about BES and MDS and from what I can tell I don't need it since I have no need for networked apps. Aside from the supposed faster browser on BES am I missing anything good from my Blackberry?

Edit: Please forgive this ever evolving question. With the new BWC and 7250 handheld will CDMA users finally have access to TCP/IP without BES? I don't need a large amount of email storage nor will I ever network sync but I would like to use verichat, be able to download apps and wouldn't mind a faster browsing experience. Do I need to spend the money for BES hosting or can I get around this? Thanks!

p_dizzo
02-15-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm a personal BB user on Bell Mobility and am not connected to a corporate BES. I've read alot about BES but am still unsure what if anything I'm missing? Please advise.

MDS is what you're really missing.. for apps like verichat, or ssh clients.. and the word is that the BES browser is a bit faster then the 4.0 internet browser.. oh, and you get more storage for emails, have wireless syncing with your calendar, etc..

bfrye
02-15-2005, 08:20 AM
Take a look at Mark's FAQ in the stickies around the forum. It has a few links to BES related resources you might find useful.