PDA

View Full Version : Turning off phone completely

fullfocus
05-02-2006, 06:28 AM
Hello:

On the 7130e, how can I turn the unit off completely? Right now, I press the power on/off button and a green light keeps flashing. When travelling on an airplane I need to have the unit completely off.

How do I turn it off?

Thanks in advance.

NJBlackBerry
05-02-2006, 06:34 AM
When traveling on an airplane, you need to have the radio turned off. That can be done by selecting the icon that turns the radio off (it looks like an airplane on some models).

fullfocus
05-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I found the "airplane" icon and was able to turn it off.

Now, I'm still in the process of setting up my unit and how do I turn it back on? Wouldn't I need to select the icon again?

Thanks.

bobelliottjr
05-02-2006, 07:21 AM
The icon is an on/off toggle switch.

gdpmumin
05-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Pressing the "power" button on the top of the device first brightens the display and then when you press it again, it turns the display off. It doesn't power off the device. To completely power off the device, scroll to the Power icon on your home screen and press the thumbwheel. This will completely shutdown your device. To power on the device, press the power button on the top of the device.

And what is the "airplane" icon? I don't have one of those.

Hello:

On the 7130e, how can I turn the unit off completely? Right now, I press the power on/off button and a green light keeps flashing. When travelling on an airplane I need to have the unit completely off.

How do I turn it off?

Thanks in advance.

mistermix
05-02-2006, 09:29 AM
...And what is the "airplane" icon? I don't have one of those.

The appearance of the "radio off" icon changes depending on your theme. On the default Verizon theme, the "turn wireless off" icon is a stylized red circular "radio tower" icon (hard to describe) in the "Settings" folder.

gdpmumin
05-02-2006, 09:31 AM
The appearance of the "radio off" icon changes depending on your theme. On the default Verizon theme, the "turn wireless off" icon is a stylized red circular "radio tower" icon (hard to describe) in the "Settings" folder.

Makes sense. Yeah, it's a radio tower on the Insight icon theme. Thanks.

Raven
05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Hello:

How do I turn it off?

Thanks in advance.
Also to turn the power off (standby)
Hold the power buttion in till you see "Turning Handheld Off"
Just pressing the power buttion only turns the screen off.

eegray
05-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I found that holding the ALT key and top power button turns the phone completely off (you have to hold down the power key to turn it back on). The green light still blinks (unfortunately) and it even holds for long (so instead of the quick blink, it lights up and stays for a sec. or 2 more and then turns off, repeat).

I dont know if I'm actually doing anything correctly, but even when I try the Ligh Switch icon the the verizon default setting, it just turns the screen off and the option to: turn the device completely off, doesn't appear.

Raven
05-12-2006, 12:34 PM
ok i tried the holding down the alt power buttion combo and it won't shut off snice when i let go of the alt buttion it thinks keys are being pushed and stops the shut down....
Just hold the power buttion does the trick.
And what is realy doing to put the bb os in to hibernation like a laptop.

eegray
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
ok i tried the holding down the alt power buttion combo and it won't shut off snice when i let go of the alt buttion it thinks keys are being pushed and stops the shut down....
Just hold the power buttion does the trick.
And what is realy doing to put the bb os in to hibernation like a laptop.

hmmm...that's weird. it has work for me the past 2 - 3 nights...
Do you find that when you select the "Switch" Icon on the screen, it just goes to "sleep" and does not have an opion to turn it fully off?