PDA

View Full Version : BES 4.1 Activation

murraymac
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
This may seem a bit long but I think explaining what I did may solve some of my dilemas.
We have updated our BES from 4.0 Evaluation to 4.1 Production. I followed the instructions on Removing 4.0 and installed 4.1 OK. The users were still in the system, with correct details. I then told one of the users to activate his device. This failed. After consulting with the blackberry help desk, they recommended to wipe the device and activate again. But before I did this I had uninstalled the user and upon reinstalling generated a new email with activation code. Unfortunately BES picked an internal email address and not the primary address in Exchange - we have a local domain name (ourgroup.local) and an external (external.com.au). the .com.au address is set as primary address but BES always picks up .local.
To fix this problem I deleted the .local from the user account and reinstalled the user in BES.
Now when I go to generate email and send activation code, BES says it already has a code that has not been attempted 5 times therefore nothing new can be sent. How can I find out which ativation password should be inputted.
Hope all this makes sense, and thanks in advance for any help
Murray

disp350
05-02-2006, 10:16 PM
You can erase the password assigned by the BES by using the Set Password Manual feature, leaving the password blank and setting it to expire in 0 hours. That will wipe it out. Then, you should try to create a new password manually and just let the user know what it is. They can then start the activation themselves by entering their email address and the password you created by going into the Enterprise Activation icon.

As far as completely removing the user from the BES altogether, I am not sure how to do that with Exchange. We use Notes/Domino and there is a Notes database that contains the users BES profiles. If I delete a user from the BES and then readd them, it uses the info from the Profile Database. If I want to remove them completely, I must delete them from this Notes database as well.