PDA

View Full Version : Help - Email Messages dont appear

kcl
05-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I have a user that has the 8700G T-Mobile device running on the BES. He lives in an area where he does not get service. So, when he gets home he turns off the device. When he turns it back on the next day, any emails that may have come to him do not funnel into the BB device. He can see the emails in MS Outlook, but they never come to the BB. When I check the server I don't see any messages pending for this user. When you turn off the BB do the items never come to your device once you turn it on?

Thank you in advance

DuckWingDuck
05-03-2006, 10:31 AM
My phone autoturns off at 1am and wakes up at 5am, any mail that've queued up in those 4 hours gets sent to my device when it wakes up.

pacemkr
05-03-2006, 02:04 PM
I think if you dont see the messages on the BES server that means that Outlook is downloading the messages without leaving a copy on the server, so when the user turns on the BB the messages were already downloaded and deleted from the server by outlook so there is nothing to send.

I know nothing about BES servers, but this seems logical if they act like any other mail server.