PDA

View Full Version : Text Msg'ing from my 8700g

GoBlue
05-04-2006, 06:34 AM
How do you send a text from your 8700g. If someone sends me a msg I can reply to it. But how do I send one first?

Thanks

LunkHead
05-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Are you serious?

Go to the SMS app, then click the track wheel and select COMPOSE SMS

GoBlue
05-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Hey, I'm VP of Sales not techie that sits around all day playing with my BB. Relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I though this forum was for sharing of idea's and helping others learn to use their BB better. Why to make a new guy feel welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJBlackBerry
05-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Sending a text message is a basic part of the BlackBerry. It's covered in the online help system... It's not a techie thing. Even someone is sales should be able to figure it out ;-)

In the online help system on the 8700, select Messages / SMS messages / Send SMS messages

GoBlue
05-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Thank you for the more professional responce unlike my first one. I will work to keep the dumb Q's to a minimum.

blkberryboy
05-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Thank you for the more professional responce unlike my first one. I will work to keep the dumb Q's to a minimum.
It's not that it was a dumb question, in fact I do believe in asking questions. Some members , like the rest of us, have bad days. As a VP of sales, there must be time you feel as if, if you have to deal with another bad customer you will explode. We are only human. Good luck with the BB, they are top shelf. Many of us recomend doing a search. They can usually yeild more results than needed, but since when is more bad. ;-)

As fas as your username, GO Blue, well all I can say is mad props to "The leaders and the best", Im a grad and feel a little pride in my Alma Matter

junior1790
05-04-2006, 09:18 AM
BLUE, the easy answer is click your messages icon and the click it agin and scroll down and you will see compose sms (short message service, aka text message) or compose e-mail. Click whichever one you need to use then in the "TO" field start typing a name and if it is in your contacts, address book, it will pop up as choices, scroll to the righht one and click the name and start typing your message....

DuckWingDuck
05-04-2006, 10:07 AM
lol@<hidden> of Sales being not technically savvy enough to figure out the "compose sms" option. It's such a basic question that I guess most people would feel that with just a tiny bit of experimentation anyone, even a VP of Sales, could figure out on his own.

Keebler
05-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I really don't see why there is the need to bust on GoBlue. While yes it maybe an easy solution, no need to jump all over him. just my $.02