PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Web Browsing Speed...

ericl
05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Hello,

I've had my 7130e for a few months now and have been underwhelmed with its ability to browse the internet. Opening up basic pages such as CNN or FoxNews take quite a bit of time. With the speeds promised by Verizon on its EVDO network this just seems inconsistent. Is the problem the phone, the network, the browser, or something else? Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else seeing the same thing?

scoppola
05-05-2006, 03:14 PM
I agree. It's faster than most phones, but still not as fast as you would expect.

webmstrk9
05-05-2006, 03:31 PM
One thing the VZW rep will tell ya is to update your PRL(*228 option 2 if I'm not mistaken) then if that doesnt help, and if the slow browsing is on your tethered pc laptop, then the compression software could be the issue.

ericl
05-06-2006, 12:01 AM
This is just using the browser in my phone. I've done the PRL update in the past with no visible change in speed. Did it again just now for grins but still no noticable change. For example when bringing up CNN.com it takes about 17 seconds before all the loading is done. It's not that much better than my old dial up connection ;-)
I guess I just really expected more with all the EVDO blather. Is it possible the problem is more the speed of the phone's browser than the network?

Stevieboyqt
05-06-2006, 10:35 AM
i work for vzw, you really shouldnt have a problem with speed, i am only in a
1xrtt area and my web blazes! the 7130 is much faster then any of our other data devices i would call WDTS, get an exchange. because in a broadband access coverage area it should be super quick, have you tried the opera mini browser client ? it works well on mine, i find it to be better then the basic blackberry browser. If you guys have any other questions regarding VZW lemme know.

ericl
05-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks for offering your assistance. Can you give me an idea of how long it takes on your phone before cnn.com is finished loading? I'm just trying to see if my expectations are out of whack. If my phone is just taking forever I'll definately give WDTS a call. BTW, what is WDTS and how do I contact them?

Thanks

Saurin
05-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Any idea when VZW will add an 8700 series BB to their lineup?