PDA

View Full Version : How do you angle the Seidio Holster?

cooperpwc
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
I just got it today. So far I love it.

I thought before I got it that I would have horizontal facing forward but when I do that my arm tends to rub against the latch. Horizontal backward is great but it feels like it may be more prone to someone doing as grab and run. (Probably not...)
I'm think now that I like one click backward. My arm rests against it nicely and the latch is out of the way.

The possibilities are:
Vetrtical,
One click forward, Two clicks forward, Horizontal forward,
One click backward, Two clicks backward, Horizontal Backward.

So those of you that have had it for a while, How do you angle it in daily use?

SmurfBerry
05-05-2006, 03:20 PM
I angle mine one click forward, and sometimes two clicks forward on my strong side. Occaisionly I carry it one my weak side over my left pocket still with two clicks forward.

I really like it overmy left side over the pocket, it is very accesible, and my strong side is usually occupied with my steal.

spblat
05-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I am inclined to keep it angled all the way forward to compensate for how high it rides compared to the launcher.

When I'm in casual mode, (as often as possible), my 8700g is in the pocket, so I haven't had too much time with the holster yet.

DuckWingDuck
05-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Straight up but pushed to the right so that it's out of the way as I usually like to walk around with my hands in my pockets and when I'm in my office, it's just on my desk.

stileshingles
05-05-2006, 06:38 PM
I angle mine one click forward, and sometimes two clicks forward on my strong side. Occaisionly I carry it one my weak side over my left pocket still with two clicks forward.

I really like it overmy left side over the pocket, it is very accesible, and my strong side is usually occupied with my steal.

Someone called SmurfBerry carries steel? :-o

I carry mine sideways (I guess thats three clicks backward)

hiero
05-09-2006, 05:37 AM
I had my Seidio for only a week. I had it angled horizontally, but got it caught on the drivers seat when I went to sit down and the belt clip seperated from the holster. I tried to put it back together but it just wouldn't work.

cooperpwc
05-09-2006, 12:59 PM
I had my Seidio for only a week. I had it angled horizontally, but got it caught on the drivers seat when I went to sit down and the belt clip seperated from the holster. I tried to put it back together but it just wouldn't work.
Yikes! I have now settled on horizontal forward but I will be careful in light of your experience...

Seattle18
05-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Horizontal forward for me. The touching my arm thing was bothersome for a couple days, but now I don't even notice it.

cooperpwc
05-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Horizontal forward for me. The touching my arm thing was bothersome for a couple days, but now I don't even notice it.
I have less problems with arm touching (Horizontal forward) since I moved the holster a bit further forward on my belt. When it was all the way to the side, I kept rubbing against the clip.
Pocket access is better too.

FightingDevil
05-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Horizontal forward works best for me as well...

whoscalling
05-10-2006, 03:11 PM
horizontal and any place on my belt that keeps it from digging into my luv handles!