PDA

View Full Version : 7100x O2 (UK) GPRS problems

garethprobert
05-08-2006, 11:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I've acquired a Blackberry 7100x and have put my O2 (UK) contract sim-card in to it, and everything is working fine.

except....

I cannot access GPRS, or even the browser on my BlackBerry. When I press the Convenience Key, it simple says I need to contact my service provider. I have spoken to O2 and they have said they will not send me the data settings unless I upgrade my account (which I can't do for another 8 months anyway until my current contract expires), which I don't really want to do.

I've only had my handset a few days so I am by no means an expert. I have googled this problem a lot and have found various APN setting which I have entered, but still nothing has worked. I have also read something about Service Books which I think may be necessary.

If anyone can give any help, I'd really appreciate it.

Gareth

xombi
05-08-2006, 02:49 PM
hi, hate to bring bad news but without upgrading to a BlackBerry tariff you wont get the relevant service books, thus wont be able to recieve email and wont be able to use the internet or any apps that require a net connection.

garethprobert
05-08-2006, 03:30 PM
OK, well that's a shame. I guess since O2 aren't prepared to help me, I'll have to wait until my current contract expires!

Thanks for the response