PDA

View Full Version : Cingular Mobile Ports

redbluff
02-16-2005, 06:24 AM
Does anyone have the APN details for Cingular that can be posted?

Thanks

Posted from a mobile

mmcpher
02-16-2005, 12:10 PM
redbluff, there is a thread in the BlackBerry Guides Forum at:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=20472

It has the follwoing info:

Cingular - Now has TCP/IP; No MDS hosting needed
Go to Options->TCP
APN: isp.cingular
Username: ISPDA@<hidden>
Password: CINGULAR1
Cingular works now, but it is a little tricky to set up at Cingular first by calling them. You have to telephone Cingular and ask for these line items to be added to your Cingular bill, if it does not already show up on your Cingular bill, called "Wireless Internet Express" (WIX for short) and "Wireless Internet Express Data Connect":Quote:
WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00
These items go by different names in some states, such as California, but essentially you need the same lineitems you would normally have for a regular cellphone for tethering it to a laptop computer. Next, you need to use the proper APN username and APN password as follows, in all uppercase, when you start the "BlackBerry Modem" connection when using Cingular:Quote:
Username: ISPDA@<hidden>
Password: CINGULAR1
It is very important to make sure that all the WIX lineitems are already on your bill, including "Wireless Internet Express DATA CONNECT". The last line item required for tethered modem operation with Cingular. Once this is done, then there is no more port blocking anymore! If you do not need modem operation, you do not need the third line item. You may have to telephone Cingular multiple times before you reach a Customer Service Representative that understands how to add these line items.

septuagint
02-16-2005, 01:49 PM
I called them today to do what you said, but they would NOT do it!

The guy just kept saying that they didn't support tcp apps/functionality.

I cannot connect via midpssh. I can't believe I switched from t-mobile to these idiots for nothing.

There has got to be a way to do this, right?

Also, the way you quote the plans it sounded like there was no charge for those plans, is that correct? One of the dudes told me that even if they DID add those plans it would be an extra $19.95 for them.

bostonnerd
02-16-2005, 03:07 PM
I called them today to do what you said, but they would NOT do it!

The guy just kept saying that they didn't support tcp apps/functionality.

I've tried getting this from Cingular multiple times and have received the same response.

septuagint
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Got it working. with this info:

APN: wap.cingular
Username for APN: WAP@<hidden>
Password for APN: CINGULAR1

I connected via ssh a few times now.

BUT, it looks like if my signal drops below 2/3 bars ssh fails and I get the tunnel error. I remember this is how it was with my rim 957 that I used for 3 years using cingular and avidwireless' ssh app. It was a different error, can't remember what it was. I'm not sure if this is the same thing though.

rcg
02-16-2005, 06:54 PM

Those look like the apn settings on my TREO 650 so give it a shot on the BB

oakbrook
02-18-2005, 06:51 PM
septuagint wrote:

Thanks septuagint! SUCCESS! :D

These settings did the trick, I am now getting solid dial-up connections from the laptop to Cingular. Many thanks.

jabone
02-18-2005, 09:09 PM
I also got the same answer from Cingular. However, I used the wap@<hidden> settings and am posting this from my laptop with the BB7100 acting as the modem.

Mark is a stud.

John

verticl
02-19-2005, 01:07 PM
this worked like a Charm good job, this is wonderfull...

now i wonder if they will charge us DATA ontop of our plan ? Just curious as to how they will see this, anyone notice anything quirky on there bill or is everything ok?