PDA

View Full Version : Sych to Act 6.0

munizv
05-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Hopefully amidst all the Outlook users on this board there are a few Act users. I've got a client using Act 6.0 with multipler users accessing the database. They have a multi-user db and each user is shown their own personal calendar data when they log in using their username and password.
i've configured Intellisync to draw data from the DB and entered the user name in the advanced settings for each install of the desktop manager but it appears to synch all calendar items not just the ones for the individual user.
Any thoughts on using Intellisync for this, or even for a 3rd party solutions?

Thanks in advance...

AL904
05-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Take a look at HandHeld Contact. (http://www.handheldcontact.com/)

It is an excellent product/service. I'm not sure if it is exactly what you're looking for, but it is worth a look.

alslsb
05-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Handheld Contact is nice is you want to pay the monthly fee. I am using Companion Link and it works great

drgoodtymes
05-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I have a lot of clients that use companion link pro and are very happy with it

munizv
05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the information guys. Had a look at the same 2 items and am going to test Companionlink tomorrow. Hanheld Contacts pricing is a little too rich for me.

I have a lot of clients that use companion link pro and are very happy with it

alslsb
05-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the information guys. Had a look at the same 2 items and am going to test Companionlink tomorrow. Hanheld Contacts pricing is a little too rich for me.

Then you you will love CompanionLink. I truthfully thought Handheld Contact is superior, for me, the extra functionality was not worth the on-going cost

drgoodtymes
05-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Anytime man, thats why we are all here.

munizv
05-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Works like a charm and easy enough to set up that you don't even need to RTFM. The only issue I've found is that it works very sowly when the ACT DB is stored across a network. To be fair, after a little experimentation, this may be more attributable to Intellisyc rather than Companionlink, but I found it faster and easier to create a script to copy the DB over to the local box and then sync from there. Over a GigEth network it takes 5 minutes to do that. Sync over the same network takes about 45 minutes. I'm open to suggestions or thoughts on the subject

M