PDA

View Full Version : need help with Email reconciliation

mmreed
05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Until a few weeks ago, My Cingular 8700 worked in the follwoing way:

I would never delete messages on either the BIS or the 8700.

My autoaging on inbox was set to 1 day.

So after 1 day, BIS would delete messages that were 1 day old.. then on the next auto reconciliation - every 20 minutes or so, the 8700 would hit the BIS server and see those messages autoaged(deleted) and since my 8700 was set to MAILBOX wins, it would remove them from my 8700 inbox.

this way I never had to delete anything... messages would come in, after a day autoage, then get delete on BIS, then during autoreconcile, get deleted on the 8700.

It stopped working 3 weeks ago.

I called Cingular, who in turn put me over to RIM. Rim tells me that it should not have worked that way, that messages on the 8700 do not get deleted during autoreconcile... and that autoaging is only for the BIS and when messages autoage on BIS, the deletion of them does not pass to the Blackberry when reconciled... they said the onyl way to have messages deleted on the 8700 is to delete them one by one or choose delete prior.

My question is - doe any of you have it working in the way I described? Because I swear thats how it worked for 9 months then stopped 3 weeks ago.

I never had to delete messages - I would let the autoage take care of keeping things clean on both sides.

d_fisher
05-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I swear thats how it worked for 9 months then stopped 3 weeks ago.That would be right around the time that Cingular upgraded to BIS 2.0. Wouldnt be the first time an upgrade 'broke' an unintended feature.

mmreed
05-09-2006, 10:17 PM
im curious how many others had it working like I did?

mmreed
05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
anyone?

BERDucky
05-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Cingular has not yet updated to 2.0

your email should not have been deleting after autoaging
if you want it delete from your handheld w/o you choosing to then set that option up on your handheld (messages -> options -> general options -> keep messages x day). minimum is 15 days