PDA

View Full Version : Using BES and redirector

cellguy
05-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Okay, here's one I haven't seen answered. I'm using exchange hosting through a company callined Link2Exchange for my personal email and calendar. My company dosn't have a BES so if I want my work email and calendar my only option would be the desktop redirector (right?). My question is can I use both? The BES for personal and redirector for work? If so, would I end up with "merged" calendars?? Woudl this even work?

Thanks!

georgeelvis
05-09-2006, 11:20 PM
You can set up BES to "pick up" email from your exchange account. Go to Email Accounts and add an exchange email account. It is pretty easy to do and works great.

stileshingles
05-10-2006, 01:38 AM
Okay, here's one I haven't seen answered. I'm using exchange hosting through a company callined Link2Exchange for my personal email and calendar. My company dosn't have a BES so if I want my work email and calendar my only option would be the desktop redirector (right?). My question is can I use both? The BES for personal and redirector for work? If so, would I end up with "merged" calendars?? Woudl this even work?

Thanks!

Another option might be to use a POP3 connector to download your work email into your hosted Exchange account. Of course, this assumes two things: (1) Your work email is POP3 and (2) Link2Exchange will setup a POP3 connector for you.

faaltoo
05-10-2006, 06:14 AM
You cannot sync your calendar OTA using the desktop redirector. It only syncs your email.