PDA

View Full Version : Unlock Code

fmaglin
05-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7290/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hey all,
I'm going on a business trip to Russia next week and asked Cingular if they could provide me with a unlock code so I could use a pre paid sim while there, however its been 3 days and Ihaven't received anything from Cingular as of yet and departure time is drawing near. Does anyone know the time frame involved to receive this information? I've called Cingular but get a different answer from each C/S rep. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Chinasaur
05-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Just spend the money for an unlocking service. Why sweat this before a trip?

jungleland
05-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Call Intl customer service (Cingular customrer 800-335-4685 24hrs) Tell them that you are traveling and need to roam using another SIM on prepaid. They will ask you for your Blackberry's IMEI and then give you the unlock code. Be sure to have free international roaming feature on your account.

fmaglin
05-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Call Intl customer service (Cingular customrer 800-335-4685 24hrs) Tell them that you are traveling and need to roam using another SIM on prepaid. They will ask you for your Blackberry's IMEI and then give you the unlock code. Be sure to have free international roaming feature on your account.
Thanks jungleland. I called them and they assured me I would have my code before my departure time, and if for some reason I still did not, they said to call back on the last day and they would retrieve it for me.
I appreciate your help.

byron
05-12-2006, 10:50 AM
i called them on tuesday morning (day number 90 for me) and requested my unlock code from cingular and i got a call back from cingular int'l customer care that afternoon with the unlock code. now my 8700 is fully unlocked.

justin.culp
05-12-2006, 01:48 PM
I have a USAF account and because of that, I got the device at a 'discounted' price.....bastards won't unlock it even though my travels are for the DoD!!!