PDA

View Full Version : BES Slowing down over time??

mayor111
05-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey Guys,

I am running BES 4.0 SP4 HotFix#2 for Exchange 2003. When installed the HotFix #2 - my BES would send emails out to our Blackberry users litterally in seconds - maybe a 4 to 6 second delay from when it was received via Outlook.

Now today, I received an email on my Outlook client at 9:29AM and it didnt show up on my Blackberry until 9:40AM.

Is there something I can do to get it back to the original speed I had? Would a reboot of my Exchange and BES server do the trick? FYI - we have not touched our BES or Exchange server since HF #2 was installed.

Thanks,

murpheous
05-11-2006, 09:20 AM
I reboot my BES machine once a week. I also instruct my users to do a hard reset on their blackberries once a month.

mayor111
05-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Hey Guys,

Quick update:

The rebooting of our BES server gave us back the performance increase I was looking for.

Emails were hitting our BB devices in 3 to 4 minutes.

After reboot - they are hitting our BB in 6 to 8 seconds.

Thanks,

cartwfh
05-15-2006, 11:35 AM
With that kind of delay, you need to make sure your cdo versions are in sync. If you've recently patched your exchange box did you remember to include the Bes server as a box that needed to be patched as well ( the exchange manager tools?) Also, the lag in service is sometimes caused by the Exchange servers themselves which perform more porrly as uptime accumulates.