PDA

View Full Version : Unable to add new users to BES

Monjiro
05-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Currently we are having a problem where we are unable to access new users to BES.

There was a problem with the IPSEC Services stopping all TCP Traffic after a reboot on the box, this was repaired by running regsvr so this may or may not be a reason.

The BES box is running, all existing users are working ok, we are not able to add users to the box, if a user is removed we are not able to add them back.

In Blackberry Manager the IT Policy shows as "error" and the description is 'refused by handheld' this happens on new Blackberrys or existing ones that we know work ok.

We have wiped the handhelds several times and reloaded the Blackberry software but this has not helped.

All Automatic services are running on the box. We are running BES 4.0.4.6. We have two spare licences.

Any Ideas?

dev
05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Have you tried the IEMSTest to see if the BES service account has the required permissions on the users' mailbox?
Have you tried "toggling" the MAPI profile for the BES service account?
What does the error indicate when you attempt to add a user?
What does the BES logs (ROUT, DISP, MAGT POLC) indicate about user activity?
Have you tried restarting all the BES services manually?

Monjiro
05-11-2006, 03:54 PM
I ran the iemstest and also checked out the MAPI profile. Both are fine.

Checked all the various logs and they look okay apart from the POLC where it lends itself to the email forwarding issue:

[30000] (05/11 17:52:32):{0xF90} {user@<hidden>, PIN=xxxxxxxx, UserId=46}RequestHandler::SendQueuedITAdminCommandToDevice Sending data to device, contentType=ITADMIN, size=298, RefId=0, TransactionId=-1000118523, Tag=720
[30000] (05/11 17:52:32):{0xF94} {user@<hidden>, PIN=xxxxxxxx, UserId=46}RequestHandler::DoDeviceSentProcessing - Message returned as REFUSED - could not be delivered to device, Tag=720

Adding devices and synchronising via USB hardwire is fine, but after disconnecting the cable, emails and PIN messages cannot send or recieve and cannot use the lookup feature.

Please help..

jibi
05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
contacted the carrier to make sure they are actually provisioned for BlackBerry - with the carrier AND with RIM? usually when a message is refused, its a carrier/RIM provisioning issue.

Monjiro
05-12-2006, 02:29 AM
Unfortunately this has also affected a blackberry that was on Bes and we deleted and tried to re add... so I dont think its a carrier issue.

cmage
05-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Well, that's exactly the same problem I have here. Since yesterday. What srp router are you connecting to?

Monjiro
05-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Our problem is now resolved, may thanks to all for the help.

I cant say exactly what resolved the problem it was one of two things:

A. Hot fix 3 for service pack 4 was installed.

B. A phone call to Vodafone UK tech support advised that the new 8700's were incorrectly provisioned. But this would not explain why the 7290 started to work.

Here is a link about the Vodafone provisioning problem: blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=32938

cmage, our srp router is srp.eu.blackberry.net port 3101 but this does seem to time out every couple of hours.

Thanks

cmage
05-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Hmf. I was able to provision OTA device that runs V4.1.0.258 (Platform 2.0.0.111). But with v4.1.0.284 (Platform 2.0.0.120) and v4.1.0.286 (Platform 2.0.0.123) - same problem. Cannot provision them OTA.

p.s. I am also connecting to srp.eu.

edit: on the devices with the newer OS there's nothing in the Advanced Settings -> Message services, on the older one there is "Desktop"