PDA

View Full Version : Problems accessing mail thru web client

ksledge
05-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Hello all,

I am experiencing a serious problem since I upgraded my Web Client. In the past I used to be able to access my various folders and mailboxes when I logged into the Blackberry Web Client. I got prompted to update my software and of course said yes, not knowing that this "upgrade" would take away my inbox and other folders. Now instead of being able to log into the Web Client to respond to emails while I am working on my computer, I have to reply to messages directly from the handheld ( which starts to suck after replying to a few messages)

Anyone else having this problem?

Kelvin

Zro
05-11-2006, 02:24 PM
This is by design. There is no hosted mailbox with the new version of the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Zro

ps, to help stop spam, i'd reccommend that you not give out your @<hidden> address.

ksledge
05-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks!

Is there anyway to go back to the old version? This is getting really old.....

geekman686
05-11-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't think you can go back.

Blackberry will eventually force all BIS users to the new version BIS 2.0.

jbairdjr
05-11-2006, 05:59 PM
I must add that on my Alltel Web Mail client, it has been problematic at best for the last week or so.
Alltel hadnt said anything about upgrading the web client yet (and of course they dont have software version 4.1 yet, either )

jbairdjr
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I take it back. Just checked and alltel posted 4.1!

shabazz5th
05-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Wow, I was wondering why my webclient got taken away...now I know...great help guys!

ukpdrs
08-20-2007, 05:38 PM
I too have the access problem. I mistakingly hit the yes button one day and that was it. Normally there is a warning are you sure but by hitting the yes button you're finished! I realized as soon as I did it but I was committed.
The problem with not accessing mail through the web site is that it assumes you always have a phone signal. I travel extensively and use my Blackberry for both work and home email. When in a foreign country it is (was) always nice to access and respond to emails through the website when the response was long or the local service provider didn't provide digital transmissions or was not affliated with my carrier.
Appreciate the spam issue but I was dealing with it!