PDA

View Full Version : Got rid of my home phone line...

eric0668
05-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Can I fax from my 8700g? If so, it can be a spreadsheet or basically, even a file that I may not even be able to view on the BB?

...Or does Tmobile offer the service with or without a blackberry?

If you can tell me how to fax or give me a link, I'd be very thankful

Eric

KonTiki
05-12-2006, 06:07 PM
A google search on faxing with a blackberry turned up this among a long list of options:

http://www.dynoplex.com/printing_server.shtml

http://www.printondemand.com/MT/archives/001231.html

r.poseidon
05-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Uh... Would efax work? I think it can work w/ the Treo.

KonTiki
05-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Do not see why not it is afterall tied to your email system. So if you can send and receive emails you should be able to use it as well.

eric0668
05-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Looked at it. Not freeware. Can't do it.. NOt working. But how do you do it out of curiosity?

KonTiki
05-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Even if it is not freeware (which you will not find much for BBs) download the trial version they give you a few days and a few faxes to try, if you dont like it or want it delete it and no harm done.

eric0668
05-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Even if it is not freeware (which you will not find much for BBs) download the trial version they give you a few days and a few faxes to try, if you dont like it or want it delete it and no harm done.

Thanks for not answering how to do it. Duh. I can figure it out.

I will try it

But as an aside, ....there is some freeware out there...

Koperry
05-13-2006, 06:02 AM
I have been using efax for several years. I have the pay version for local number use. It allows me set up 5 email addresses for use with the acct. I have set my BB address as one, I can now get my faxes as pdf or tif attachments. I can fax from BB by sending to faxnumber@<hidden>

KonTiki
05-13-2006, 07:46 PM
As i explained to you in a private PM i do not use a fax system since I have no need for it, I did you the favor of finding some software that did what you wanted. I am sorry that you are such an ingrate and cant do things for yourself and then find the need to belittle someone that did try to help. With that type of attitude I see you lasting here a long time and getting much more help from others here. I am sorry I tried to help at all. You are welcomed.

Thanks for not answering how to do it. Duh. I can figure it out.

I will try it

But as an aside, ....there is some freeware out there...