PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Migration

Jeff McQ
05-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi - I have a user who is remote. We migrated him, from old xchange and BES to new xchange and BES, and I believe his Desktop Manager is pointing to his old Outlook profile. Problem is, he is in Europe w/ his BB and his laptop is in the US. If I change his Desktop Manager to look at his new profile will this wirelessly sync w/ his BB in Europe?

BlackBerryLinks
05-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Hi - I have a user who is remote. We migrated him, from old xchange and BES to new xchange and BES, and I believe his Desktop Manager is pointing to his old Outlook profile. Problem is, he is in Europe w/ his BB and his laptop is in the US. If I change his Desktop Manager to look at his new profile will this wirelessly sync w/ his BB in Europe?

If you removed him from the old BES and add him to the new BES and do a Wireless Activation it will work fine (BES 4.x and BlackBerryOS 4.x), and the Desktop Manager is not needed for making the BlackBerry to work. Before he use his Desktop Manager the MAPI profile must be changed. If your new BES is older then 4.x and/or the BlackBerryOS is older then 4.x he need first connected to the Desktop Manager (with the new MAPI profile), before it works. If he can connect in Europe to the new Exchange server, he can install in Europe the Desktop Manager on a pc and activate wired (for BES or BB < 4.x).

Regards,
Bob