PDA

View Full Version : 7105t Reset problem

mdep
05-16-2006, 08:35 AM
My 7105t was running unusually slow, so I tried a hard reset. That didn't work so I removed the battery. Now that I have re-installed the battery, I get a continuous spinning hourglass. Can anyone help?

mayor111
05-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the Forums,

I have a few questions for you:

1) Do you run BIS or BES on your 7105T?
2) Are you in an area with poor reception?
3) Did you recently try to install something or make a change before pulling the battery?
4) How long did you wait for the hourglass? (this sometimes takes me a while)

My suggestion is to let it sit and let the hourglass go until it stops or gives you an error message. If you get a message - post what that message is.

Thanks,

rhausman
06-05-2006, 12:27 PM
My 7105t was running unusually slow, so I tried a hard reset. That didn't work so I removed the battery. Now that I have re-installed the battery, I get a continuous spinning hourglass. Can anyone help?

That happened to me after receiving a run error with a note to reset. It finally reset after removing the battery and putting it back for the 3rd time. Third time's a charm!

mikemookie
07-22-2006, 04:39 PM
i'm having the same exact problem on my 7105t. i have a post going on about it right now, but nothing seems to work. even pulling out the battery. which i have down at least 6 times.
have this happened to you again since this original post?

merlot
07-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Hi,

I have the 7105t as well and have had the reset problem as well. A t-mobile help guy said to turn the phone off at least once a day and turn it back on and that should fix it. ...... welllll ...... I'm bad about high maintenance things like that so I don't do it. It turns off every night on a schedule and one would think that is enough !!

So, I do not turn it off during the day and when the phone acts up I turn it off, remove the battery, etc. I have noticed that the icon with the traffic light which turns the wireless on or off when clicked is RED ... OFF when I put the battery back in and turn the phone back on. So, I click it on to green and that seems to work.

This weirdness does not occur very often ... three times in the past year. So, I just deal with it. I do work very close to the Canadian border and sometimes I pick up Rogers wireless and the durn phone thinks I am in a roaming area. Sometimes wonder if the constant switching back and forth from T-Mo to Rogers works some bad mojo on the phone ....

Oh well .. good luck with the phone!