PDA

View Full Version : 7130E Handheld Software v4.1.0.364 (TELSTRA)

jungleland
05-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Package Version: 4.1.0.364
Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.1.0.309
* Software Platform: 2.2.0.120
* File name: 7130eEFSBP_PBr4.1.0_rel364_PL2.2.0.120_A4.1.0.309_Telstra.exe
* File size: 40.3 MB
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1595AF6435015C77A7149E92A551338E

downloading and installing now, will update with comments...

bb4lfe
05-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Yes, let us know how this is, compared to the other new one.

jungleland
05-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, let us know how this is, compared to the other new one.

well, it has NOT fixed my problem outlined here http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=33484 But it DOES show 1XEV, 1X, 1x in the Dimension themes, instead of the funky squigly lines and { }

The OS seems to be a slight bit faster, I will test more and post more comments..

jibi
05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
I've placed full instructions in the link below, along with the ALX modifications. For those 7130e users who have grown to like the Zen theme, it is not included with the Telstra OS (although I have detailed instructions on how to add it back).

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=35340

bb4lfe
05-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Hmm I dont have that eratic signal issue at all. With 2 7130e new os's, I would think Verizon isnt far behind. Is it worth the upgrade if you have skanstel (or whatever its called) os installed? Anything else you noticed?

jungleland
05-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I've placed full instructions in the link below, along with the ALX modifications. For those 7130e users who have grown to like the Zen theme, it is not included with the Telstra OS (although I have detailed instructions on how to add it back).

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=35340

I was just going to post that...Shocked about that. But it is cool that they show 1xex instead of the stupid squigly...

bb4lfe
05-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Hmm when I go to open desktop manager after installing this, I get a message saying the OS on my device is newer then whats on my computer. I thought the telstra software was newer then the sankatel software?

jungleland
05-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Hmm when I go to open desktop manager after installing this, I get a message saying the OS on my device is newer then whats on my computer. I thought the telstra software was newer then the sankatel software?

yes, you must DELETE the folder that contains the SASKTEL software...Go to Prog files/Common Files/ Research in Motion/Shared..........

bb4lfe
05-16-2006, 12:26 PM
got ya. thanks. So this telstra software isnt newer then?

jibi
05-16-2006, 12:26 PM
you can have 10 different versions of the 7130e software installed - just be sure to delete the vendor.xml file and it'll select the newest version. you can actually leave the sasktel version installed (might as well grab the zen file from there, if its still installed).

jibi
05-16-2006, 12:28 PM
got ya. thanks. So this telstra software isnt newer then?
it is newer, much newer. likely you had the Verizon software installed still, so once you installed this version, you left the vendor.xml file and it detected the Verizon version as your required software installation thus causing a conflict with the currently installed Sasktel version.

:-)

bb4lfe
05-16-2006, 12:38 PM
it is newer, much newer. likely you had the Verizon software installed still, so once you installed this version, you left the vendor.xml file and it detected the Verizon version as your required software installation thus causing a conflict with the currently installed Sasktel version.

:-)

I had the sasktel version on my handheld, but you were right, forgot the vendor.xml step :)

jungleland
05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
you can have 10 different versions of the 7130e software installed - just be sure to delete the vendor.xml file and it'll select the newest version. you can actually leave the sasktel version installed (might as well grab the zen file from there, if its still installed).

LOL< that's what I meant, my head is up my ass today...sorry...

zarko9
05-16-2006, 03:15 PM
whats the difference between HONG KONG CSL 4.1
and TELSTRA 4.1
:space:

jungleland
05-16-2006, 03:24 PM
whats the difference between HONG KONG CSL 4.1
and TELSTRA 4.1
:space:

I don't think the two are the same technology..CSL is GSM, no?

jibi
05-16-2006, 03:56 PM
heh. that is correct. Telstra is a CDMA and GSM carrier, although this update is for a CDMA device. CSL is a GSM-only carrier, thus their update for OS 4.1 would be applicable to the 7100g and not the 7130e.

tmaynard
05-16-2006, 09:34 PM
i would like to add that in the message menu, if you hold down the caps button and scroll you can highlight multiple messages for deletion, which is awesome

as well, it appears as if the vodaphone theme has been upgraded

majorxp
05-17-2006, 02:31 AM
I'm going to load this puppy tomorrow and see if it fixes my reboot issue... I'm still in a 'no reboot' situation.

majorxp
05-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Update...

This worked great for me!!! Thanks Jungleland! Also, thanks Jibi for the notes on how to add zen to this version!

/cheer_loudly

majorxp
05-17-2006, 11:07 AM
well, it has NOT fixed my problem outlined here http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=33484 But it DOES show 1XEV, 1X, 1x in the Dimension themes, instead of the funky squigly lines and { }

The OS seems to be a slight bit faster, I will test more and post more comments..

I still get the squiglies on the zen theme, but since that's from the other package - it is expected.

....Update.....

Weirdness....

On the zen theme, I noticed that the menu has a new option at the bottom to edit the menu! I also noticed that the hot keys to start programs (like pushing "O" to go to options) is gone...

.....Update....

I also noticed that the "home screen" option in the settings is gone and is repaced by an "organize applications" option. The options to hide/show text on the home screen and the other option - I forget what - is gone.

O.. and the home screen uses reduced size custom icon now instead of the generic black square icon. :)

.....update.....

the home screen doesn't show an icon for new messages either... ??? Suggestions?

Crupp
05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I loaded the software made the changes, but when I open desktop manager the new OS does not load. How do i get it to load?

jungleland
05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
I loaded the software made the changes, but when I open desktop manager the new OS does not load. How do i get it to load?

Go to PROGRAM FILES/RESEARCH IN MOTION/APP LOADER/ DELETE VENDOR.XML

and then run DEsktop manager and run...

Crupp
05-17-2006, 01:10 PM
thanks, loading now.

jungleland
05-17-2006, 01:17 PM
thanks, loading now.

Glad it worked..

Minus81
05-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I still get the squiglies on the zen theme, but since that's from the other package - it is expected.

....Update.....

Weirdness....

On the zen theme, I noticed that the menu has a new option at the bottom to edit the menu! I also noticed that the hot keys to start programs (like pushing "O" to go to options) is gone...

.....Update....

I also noticed that the "home screen" option in the settings is gone and is repaced by an "organize applications" option. The options to hide/show text on the home screen and the other option - I forget what - is gone.

O.. and the home screen uses reduced size custom icon now instead of the generic black square icon. :)

.....update.....

the home screen doesn't show an icon for new messages either... ??? Suggestions?

I'm getting the squigglies too, but only on the zen theme. the dimension icon theme displays fine. only downside i do see is that the text is no longer on the home screen for the different icons. kinda liked the old way but can get used to it.

jeffmik
06-12-2006, 02:55 AM
Did this update on my Telus 7130e and can no longer syncronize with Bluetooth - even though its paired to my computer. Weird.

trifster
06-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Will this firmware/software upgrade for my verizon 7130e work and allow desktop sync via bluetooth?

Thanks

1badtwo
06-14-2006, 10:32 AM
I have the verizon, I never got around to trying the bluetooth sync before I did the upgrade. I can pair but Desktop Manager will not see my BB, I suspect the new software.

whsbuss
06-14-2006, 11:07 AM
I have the verizon, I never got around to trying the bluetooth sync before I did the upgrade. I can pair but Desktop Manager will not see my BB, I suspect the new software.

Its more likely your BT device is not Microsoft XP-SP2 compatible. Do a search in the Bluetooth forum and you'll find additional information.

1badtwo
06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
It's an OEM IBM bluetooth, Latop shipped with SP2 and is using the windows stack. Works for my other BT devices... Im downgrading back to the latest supported Verizon ver now, Ill update if that seems to help. One qustion I havent seen asked maybe someone can help with.. Why cant we use the Widcomm stack? I have a *modified* WC stack that supports more profiles then the Windows, its installed on another machine that I use. Anyone know why we have to use the Win stack with Desktop Manager?

zarza
06-14-2006, 12:14 PM
It's an OEM IBM bluetooth, Latop shipped with SP2 and is using the windows stack. Works for my other BT devices... Im downgrading back to the latest supported Verizon ver now, Ill update if that seems to help. One qustion I havent seen asked maybe someone can help with.. Why cant we use the Widcomm stack? I have a *modified* WC stack that supports more profiles then the Windows, its installed on another machine that I use. Anyone know why we have to use the Win stack with Desktop Manager?

Could PM me more info about your modified Widcomm stack? I'd like to use BT for tethering instead of cable, but my Kensington adapter cannot use the Windoze stack.

NJBlackBerry
06-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes, that horrible Windoze from M$, right.

1badtwo
06-14-2006, 12:23 PM
After going back to the newest verizon supported software (4.1.0.268) my desktop manager found my berry the first try with BT. I worked for a few hours with the .364 telstra version and not once did DM find my BB. So if you like your BT sync and your on Verizon, don't install this.

Zarza - The widcomm stack I have gives me a headset profile. The only reason I wanted it was so I could use my BT headset and mic on my PC while playing Counter-Strike. The windows stack doesnt support that profile. There maybe other stuff also but that is all I ever used it for. Also the widcomm stuff has better stuff like a signal meter/better UI IMO so I like it more. The one i have is modified to work with any BT device (Some BT devices dont ship with Widcomm and you have to use the winstack).

Also about the BT tethering, it's not possible.

zarza
06-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Yes, that horrible Windoze from M$, right.

That's correct. I only use it because I have to. If I could do my job completely from Mac, I would.

zarza
06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Zarza - The widcomm stack I have gives me a headset profile. The only reason I wanted it was so I could use my BT headset and mic on my PC while playing Counter-Strike. The windows stack doesnt support that profile. There maybe other stuff also but that is all I ever used it for. Also the widcomm stuff has better stuff like a signal meter/better UI IMO so I like it more. The one i have is modified to work with any BT device (Some BT devices dont ship with Widcomm and you have to use the winstack).

I thought you had maybe modified the BT stack to allow it to work with Desktop Manager. Sorry.

Anyway, tethering would work for me as I am a Sprint user who has tethering included in their plan for free. :)

jungleland
06-14-2006, 12:39 PM
After going back to the newest verizon supported software (4.1.0.268) my desktop manager found my berry the first try with BT. I worked for a few hours with the .364 telstra version and not once did DM find my BB. So if you like your BT sync and your on Verizon, don't install this.

No probs here with the .364 using verizon...My bluetooth works great, as does my DM

1badtwo
06-14-2006, 12:45 PM
No probs here with the .364 using verizon...My bluetooth works great, as does my DM

So you're using .364 and you are able to sync with DM using Bluetooth and no USB cable?

Zarza - As far as I know BT tethering has not been done yet. That is what I want also.

zarza
06-14-2006, 01:14 PM
So you're using .364 and you are able to sync with DM using Bluetooth and no USB cable?

Zarza - As far as I know BT tethering has not been done yet. That is what I want also.

I think it can work using the Sprint Connection Manager. That has its own drivers that are different from DM's.

1badtwo
06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
I think it can work using the Sprint Connection Manager. That has its own drivers that are different from DM's.

If you find anything out about this let me know.

Thanks

zarza
06-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Working on it now.

jungleland
06-14-2006, 02:03 PM

NO! I have never been able to do that, as far as I know...I am not aware that that functionality exists...does it?

zarza
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Based on information found at this link (http://www.sheerboredom.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=93), I was able to force my Kensington BT adapter to use the Microsoft BT stack rather than Widcomm. I have paired successfully with both my 7130e and 8700g, but neither one shows any services available on my PC. I created a COM port, but that doesn't seem to help. Any thoughts?

zarza
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
NO! I have never been able to do that, as far as I know...I am not aware that that functionality exists...does it?

Yes, that funcionality exists. View your available services on your BB under Bluetooth options.

zarza
06-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Update: After getting my Kensington adapter to use Windows BT stack, etc., I could not get my 7130e to show up in DM. I was, however, able to get my 8700g to work. This indicates that there is indeed a problem with the Telstra OS and BT/DM interaction.

1badtwo
06-14-2006, 09:00 PM

Yes, you can pair AND sync with bluetooth to the desktop manager, but not running TELSTRA 4.1. Its a bug or maybe disabled. Going back to the newest version of Verizon I now have the function.

Still the main thing we want is Bluetooth tethering, which no-one has gotten yet. There is a bluetooth Serial Profile we just need to figure out how to turn it on. I have the BB Development tools but cannot figure out how to use them, on the TSupport site there is a .java and a .jdp file which is suppose to compile into a program to test the BT serial on the BB. I am not a programmer and screwed with it all day and dont know how to use it. Anyone wanna hit me up on IM who understands java programming/dev?
IM: mr2seater. Also If you know Dev on the BB I might have some pay work for a simple program (nothing to do with BT)

1badtwo
06-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Based on information found at LINK, I was able to force my Kensington BT adapter to use the Microsoft BT stack rather than Widcomm. I have paired successfully with both my 7130e and 8700g, but neither one shows any services available on my PC. I created a COM port, but that doesn't seem to help. Any thoughts?

Zarza, Im 90% sure the fix needs to be done on the Berry, I think messing with the Win-stack or Wid-stack isnt going to do anything.. although I think we can get the BT sync working with the Wid-stack and I will mess with it next week when I am back home. Any of you guys happen to be at TechEd this week?

whoscalling
06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
any of you running .364 with Zen notice the device being slower? This is not in reference to the initial 10 min that happens after an upgrade but after.

1badtwo
06-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I didnt really notice and I ran it for a couple weeks, but Im pretty much just an email/tether guy

ttcfcl
06-20-2006, 01:51 PM

....Update.....

Weirdness....

.....Update....

.....update.....

Aww... He's right the shortcuts from the Sasktel OS are gone.... A for Address Book, L for Calendar.... I liked those cause I didn't need the those two programs on the top 5 list for Zen's theme. There isnt a 3rd party app to customize shortcut buttons, is there? That would be great....

Oh it looks like its cause it adds '?' '!' '.' ',' to the speed dial list :P

jeffmik
06-21-2006, 08:45 PM
I updated my Desktop Manager to the newest version and am still unable to Bluetooth sync (again, I had no problems with it before the Telstra upgrade)

Another problem I have is that the Dimension Zen theme is pretty slow - when holding down # to change to vibrate takes 5+ seconds.

Also, entries under calender on the today screen don't update to the time until I sync daily - they just sit there with the date instead.

1badtwo
06-21-2006, 08:56 PM
The bluetooth sync is bugged, you will have to go back to your last version.

jeffmik
06-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I'm going to wait for a new version - the Bluetooth problem is a pain but I really like using the Dimension Today theme (In my previous post I said Dimension Zen is slow but I meant to say that Today is slow when changing to vibrate with the # key)

koleary19067
06-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Does the TELSTRA version correct the low volume ring tones that the Sprint version has (4.1.0.318)

jungleland
06-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Does the TELSTRA version correct the low volume ring tones that the Sprint version has (4.1.0.318)

Having never had the sprint version..I can tell you that I have never had a volume problem..

koleary19067
06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Having never had the sprint version..I can tell you that I have never had a volume problem..

Great, I will load this OS tonight and see how it goes.

jungleland
06-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Great, I will load this OS tonight and see how it goes.

ALthough it could be the format in which you cut your mp3s..I assume that's what you are talking about. Just check your levels when you make your mp3s..I had that problem once and I just had to adjust the volume output before I made my mp3 snippet and problem solved..
If you're talking about the pre installed ringtones, I HAVE NEVER EVER had a problem, if your problem does relate to mp3s, it could be the way you cut the mp3 and not the device software..

koleary19067
06-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Every mp3 ringtone that I download from the web plays low when selected as a ringtone. I have not tried yet to make my own mp3.

jungleland
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Every mp3 ringtone that I download from the web plays low when selected as a ringtone. I have not tried yet to make my own mp3.

Ok....What about the stock ringtones? Do they play normal? do you have a link to any of those mp3's so I can see how my device handles them?

koleary19067
06-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Stock ringtones seem fine. Here is one of many that I tried: loux.org/bb/mp3/

jungleland
06-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Stock ringtones seem fine. Here is one of many that I tried: loux.org/bb/mp3/

The link does not work for me...But your problem is one of two things 1. Mp3 cut 2. device software You can find out after your upgrade to telstra..

koleary19067
06-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks. I let you know how things turn out

lmc0434
06-29-2006, 11:09 AM
I upgraded from sasktel to telstra yesterday AM. Used the BB allday and was very slow. Mine also would not allow BT sync and the keyboard shortcuts were gone too. I downgraded back to Sasktel today. BT is working fine now and its running faster

jungleland
06-30-2006, 08:45 AM
I have noticed that this verison is a bit slow...It seems like there is a bit of a lag when using progs and navigating..

woodi68
09-18-2006, 10:36 PM
I just downloaded the new OS directly from Verizon and I can now add themes AND change them!! WOO HOO!

Search for a thread called "BlackBerryOS 4.x Download FAQ" In here you can click on the Verizon link and input your 7130e info (like normal). Once you load it all the themes show up!! WOO HOO!

jeffmik
09-18-2006, 11:46 PM
why would you install the older Verizon version? Sprint has the newest 7130e software.

woodi68
09-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I was under the impression that there were quite a few hoops to jump through to get someone else's (Sprint in this case) version to work properly. No?

jeffmik
09-19-2006, 10:19 AM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/35340-telstra-software-blackberry-7130e-7250-4-1-0-364-a.html

these instructions work for any new OS for a particular 7130e. Telstra is no longer the newest for this phone, and the mods should really be locking this thread and redirecting because the Telstra OS had bluetooth flaws in it that are corrected with the Sprint OS found here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-7100-series-discussion/39871-sprint-7130e-handheld-software-upgrade-4-1-0-387-a.html