PDA

View Full Version : For those running Zen on Bharti or Telstra...

Pizzle
05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
I've been through what seems like 80 OS versions in the last couple weeks because of problems and reloads and attempts to fix attachment issues.

Anyway, when I was on Bharti and Telstra, it seemed that I could hide sent messages under "mail" and NOT hide them under "SMS" (my preference).

Can anyone who has Bharti or Telstra do a quick check and confirm if that is the case? I'm running T-Mobile's .284, and if I choose to "hide sent messages" on one, it does it for both.

Maybe I'm on crack, but I vividly remember having the option to separate it...

In your response, please let me know what version you're using. If it's an option that's missing from tmo's .284, I'm gonna go back to the other version(s).

Thanks!

FightingDevil
05-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Pizzle...i think you're right!! I'm on the Orange (or T-Mobile UK..can't remember exactly) .284 build and I can't hide my sent SMS messages, either....

xkon
05-16-2006, 01:56 PM
yep - i like that feature, actually... can see how high my SMS bill will be!

LunkHead
05-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I am on Telstra and have no problems hiding sent on both email and sms. Messages -- options -- general options -- select hide sent messages. It then hide all sent messages from email and from sms.

Pizzle
05-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Nuts. I think I'm getting my question answered, but I apparently didn't phrase it correctly.

Here's what I WANT to do:

- HIDE "sent" e-mails
- SEE "sent" SMS messages

Since Zen separates them, I'm hoping this is an option...I thought I'd hate not having mail and sms in the same folder, but now I can't live without it!

I recall it being two separate options to change.

In the current tmo build (.284), I can only hide all, or see all. NOT my preference.

I'm like xkon...I don't need to see my sent e-mails, but I like knowing how many texts are coming in/going out on my BB.

What I'm hoping is that someone on Bharti can confirm that you can hide one, but not the other. If so, I'll wipe/reload with that OS instead of T-mobile's. However, if that's not an option, even in Bharti or Telstra, then I'm not going to go to the trouble again.

Thanks in advance!

whoscalling
05-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Pizzle- I feel for you bro, i was cracking up when I read your "Nuts" comment after reading the replies

johnfromphilly
05-16-2006, 02:33 PM
I am running Bharti but do not use SMS so bear with me.
When I go into option on "SMS and MMS messages" there is an option to "hide sent messages". That option also exists in "messages".
If you change the option to "yes" or "no" in one it changes it in the other so you can change the option seperately but it effects the change in both applications.

I hope that was stated clearly, if not I can run thru other answers for you as I am running Bharti.

Good luck Pizzle.

LunkHead
05-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Nope you can't hide one or the other. You either have to show both or hide both. Sorry!

Pizzle
05-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Pizzle- I feel for you bro, i was cracking up when I read your "Nuts" comment after reading the replies

:smile: Sometimes it's tough to get your point across while typing. :razz:

Pizzle
05-16-2006, 03:20 PM
John and LunkHead,

Thanks to you both (and to everyone that replied). Not sure why I remember it being different, but it sticks in my head as being an separate option for both. Weird.

Thanks again...you saved me the trouble of wiping/reloading to only find that it couldn't be done.

Pizzle
05-16-2006, 06:50 PM
***UPDATE***

Telstra, much like our Orange (.286) friends above, does NOT have the option of hiding sent SMS messages like the .284 build does.

There's no option to choose or anything, but choosing "hide sent messages" hides sent e-mails, but not SMS messages. EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I didn't have an interest in re-upgrading to Telstra, but this makes it worth it to me.

If you want to be able to hide both E-mail and SMS SENT messages, stay with .284.

(y)

Seattle18
05-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Just be wary of potential increased battery drain reported by many Telstra upgraders.

gadgetfanatic
05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
I don't believe that there is any true battery drain problems with Telstra but I am certain that I am getting a much better EDGE signal than my coworkers who are running Bharti.

Seattle18
05-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Oddly enough, I get better EDGE with T-Mo/Bharti than I did with Telstra.

Pizzle
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I think it's a crap shoot. I didn't notice much difference with Bharti and Telstra. I had Telstra before (before the fried handset issue) and didn't notice much in the way of negative battery life...no more than usual.

Oh, and I've gotten excellent EDGE with both...haven't noticed much of a difference there either.

LunkHead
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM

I have noticed that my battery life has diminished a bit and I have had a few connection issues but its worth it to me because Telstra displays aftermarket icons on the Zen theme.

xkon
05-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Nuts. I think I'm getting my question answered, but I apparently didn't phrase it correctly.

Here's what I WANT to do:

- HIDE "sent" e-mails
- SEE "sent" SMS messages

Since Zen separates them, I'm hoping this is an option...I thought I'd hate not having mail and sms in the same folder, but now I can't live without it!

I recall it being two separate options to change.

In the current tmo build (.284), I can only hide all, or see all. NOT my preference.

I'm like xkon...I don't need to see my sent e-mails, but I like knowing how many texts are coming in/going out on my BB.

What I'm hoping is that someone on Bharti can confirm that you can hide one, but not the other. If so, I'll wipe/reload with that OS instead of T-mobile's. However, if that's not an option, even in Bharti or Telstra, then I'm not going to go to the trouble again.

Thanks in advance!

Your in luck - thats what Zen has always done for me BUT - I noticed on occasion a bug where they get hidden in SMS... but rebooting brings them back. Happens to me once in awhile.

LunkHead
05-17-2006, 09:01 AM

Ok I went back to the T-MO OS to test out the battery drain issue and low and behold if I select hide sent messages then it only hides sent email's but still shows sent SMS.

I think that is what you were looking for.

HIDE sent email
SHOW sent sms

Works on the .284 T-Mo OS

LunkHead
05-17-2006, 09:05 AM

Bad news AND strange... I went back into options and changed it back to not hide messages. Sent messages then showed back up in email. Then I went back into options and changed it to not show sent messages and now the sent sms's are hidden...

Very, very odd. If I would have just left it alone after the downgrade to .284 it was doing exactly like you wanted before I went in and changed the option back and forth....

Odd! Any ideas why this happened?

LunkHead
05-17-2006, 09:17 AM

Here was my downgrade process if anyone wants to test it out. I wonder if I would have just left the setting alone if it would have corrected after hard reboot or it would have lasted.

Backed up with DM and had the setting on hide sent messages to yes prior to backing up -- did a javaload wipe -- downgraded the OS to .284 -- restored the backup.

If hiding sent email and showing sent sms is important you might give this a try as it worked for me until I went in and played with the settings... ODD

Pizzle
05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Wow...very interesting.

I haven't encountered much of an issue with Telstra, so I'll probably leave well enough alone. I get frustrated by the lack of hidden names on the front of the Zen theme, but I'll live.

If I fry my OS again, I'll be sure and follow your lead!

Thanks for the info. :)

whoscalling
05-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Oddly enough, I get better EDGE with T-Mo/Bharti than I did with Telstra.

Totally agree from my experience.(y)