PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Synching and Laptop Modem Question

km23
05-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Hello,
I'm considering the purchase of an 8700G with Tmobile in the US. I've read reviews regarding this phone and have a couple of questions.

First, can I check my POP3 email using the 8700g and then synch the EMAILS with my computer so I do not have to answer the emails I've already answered? I would also like the sent emails, etc be put in my local Outlook sent folder. I've read in the product descriptions that synching is available for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, but I never see "email' synching. Is this possible?

Secondly, on the PCMag.com review, it says that they could not use the phone as a laptop modem, however, a coulpe of reviews I've read say they have and it's great. Is this possible? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

MERK350Z
05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
yes it can be done but you have to have a plan where thearing sorry not sure if i spelled it right its a option that your provider has to add and it will cost you alot more i am paying for 45 for BB service unlimted if i was to do what i am telling you about it would be 75dollers i mean if you really need it and your going to be doing some major web surfing i say get it but if not dont even do it its not worth the money i was trying to hook up the bluetooth to my gps in my laptop so i can get real time postion on the map it wont allow me because you wont dial allow the computer to dial up via bluetooth