PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8700c calendar issue

mugsy19
05-16-2006, 03:34 PM
For some reason my old calendar entries are no longer present on my Blackberry. The old entries are still on my calendar in Novell.

Accoring to "help" on the device, I need to go to the calendar options and set the keep appointments filed...
I tied going to the calendar options in my Blackberry calendar but the is no keep appointments filed. Am I missing something.

Please help

d_fisher
05-16-2006, 03:37 PM
The BlackBerry automatically deletes calendar appointments after 60 days are past. You can modify this to keep them forever from the Calendar options on the BlackBerry.

cooperpwc
05-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Go to Configure PIM in Intellisync and check the options for calendar. You may have it set synch future appointments only.

cooperpwc
05-16-2006, 03:39 PM
The BlackBerry automatically deletes calendar appointments after 60 days are past. You can modify this to keep them forever from the Calendar options on the BlackBerry.
Strange... I don't have this Calendar option on my 8700.

johnfromphilly
05-16-2006, 03:41 PM
You beat me to it- neither do I ( 8700C).

cooperpwc
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I just checked: The Help file does indeed refer to a Keep Appointments option. But I don't have it...

mugsy19
05-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I just checked: The Help file does indeed refer to a Keep Appointments option. But I don't have it...

This is my point. I don't have the option. What is the solution then?

cooperpwc
05-16-2006, 03:52 PM
This is my point. I don't have the option. What is the solution then?
Without the option, all of my appointments are displaying.
Check the Intellisync issue that I mentioned in my post #3 above. That is the most likely reason.

mugsy19
05-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Without the option, all of my appointments are displaying.
Check the Intellisync issue that I mentioned in my post #3 above. That is the most likely reason.

Intellisync is/was the issue. Resolved the problem...thanks.

I do have another quesion for you though...how do I get the Memo pad entires asigned to a specific date? Rigth now, when I enter a Memo/Reminder note in Groupwise it is attached to a date. However, on my BB it puts it into the Memo Pad with no date, time or explination. Why would it not put it on the same date entry as my Novell calendar?

cooperpwc
05-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Intellisync is/was the issue. Resolved the problem...thanks.

I do have another quesion for you though...how do I get the Memo pad entires asigned to a specific date? Rigth now, when I enter a Memo/Reminder note in Groupwise it is attached to a date. However, on my BB it puts it into the Memo Pad with no date, time or explination. Why would it not put it on the same date entry as my Novell calendar?
I know nothing about either Groupwise or Novell calendar, but I do know this. MemoPad on the Blackberry is based on the same basic protocol as Microsoft Outlook Notes, i.e. there is no date function associated with individual Notes. So it may synch with these other programs but that date function of those programs will be lost.

Tasks can be date-based...

mugsy19
05-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks cooperpwc...I hope to here from another member who may answer this question.