PDA

View Full Version : blackberry desktop manager sync issues

mburchill
05-16-2006, 05:28 PM
I have been trying to solve this problem all day to no avail. I've installed the destop manager software that came with my 8700c and had no problems during the install. However, I can't set up the intellisync conduits to sync my address book, calendar and tasks (I'm using micorsoft outlook 2003). When I select MS Outlook from the list, the folder is blank. I then hit "browse" to find a folder, and I do see a list. However, when I click on the folders, I don't get an option to hit ok. My only option is to hit "cancel". I can see my outlook personal folder, but when I select it, the little + sign vanishes, and the "ok" button stays greyed out, preventing me from pressing it. What am I doing wrong? I've can't get cingular to help, and the blackberry website presents some difficult solutions, like editing the registry or the configuration file manually, which I don't know how to do.

DuckWingDuck
05-16-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't think you have desktop manager try to load your personal folder file, it should intelligently sync to outlook. I will take a look when I get back to the office.

DrKeith
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Try looking at post #3 in thread 32749. I cannot post the link in my reply since I am new to the forum.

I had a similar problem and ended up needing to make a new profile. It appears to be an Outlook problem, not a BB problem.

mburchill
05-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Problem solved. I created a new profile and everything worked. Thanks for your help!

SarahP
08-26-2006, 05:07 AM
I had a similar Intellisync problem with my new 8700g and Outlook 2002 SP3, but I did not even have the browse option - it did not allow me to click on it. I got a message saying:

"The file or database associated with MS Outlook is missing, invalid, or points to a file of zero length. Use the "Browse" button to locate the file or database you wish to use with this application."
[very helpful when I could not access the Browse button !]

Having searched this forum exhaustively I eventually came across this thread and tried creating a new Profile in Windows XP/Outlook - it resolved the problem completely, so many thanks ! :smile:

obustosjr
10-17-2006, 09:47 AM
The file or database associated with MS Outlook is missing, invalid, or points to a file of zero length. Use the "Browse" button to locate the file or database you wish to use with this application -

I am experiencing the same issue as stated in the above posts but creating a new profile in outlook does not solve the issue. I am signed on as administrator to the local machine. Whenever I click on the browse button, nothing happens. I have used regmon to see if there are any access issues in the registry which yielded negative results.

Our company uses Lotus Notes for email but our clients use outlook for contact management. If there's anyone out there that has an idea, please feel free to jump in. Thanks