PDA

View Full Version : Sprint 7250 and Power Vision

xrussx
05-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I added a line to my plan today and they set my plan up with a fair and flex and then a $15.00 power vision for the :bb: .

Are some of you using the power vision plan with your :bb: ?

southwestcomm
05-16-2006, 11:08 PM
If you have the unlimited BB plan you don't need the PowerVision plan. It is included - don't let CS tell you diffrerently.

xrussx
05-16-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't have the BB plan and the BB is working fine with the power vision plan, is this ok to have?

Is unlimited text included in the BB plan and can you take the voice plan away and just have the $39.99 BB plan?

Naked Wife
05-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Unlimited text isn't included in the BB plan. If your BB is working with the Power Vision plan, I say keep using it. Fifteen dollars is a lot cheaper than forty five. If you were paying for the BB plan it would not require the additional cost of power vision.

xrussx
05-17-2006, 02:54 PM
With Sprint do you have a voice plan? I just want to use this for data

southwestcomm
05-17-2006, 03:12 PM
The unlimited BB plan is $39.99.

You can use the BB, I suppose, with the BB plan. It won't support Email functionality.

robber
05-18-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't have the BB plan and the BB is working fine with the power vision plan, is this ok to have?

Is unlimited text included in the BB plan and can you take the voice plan away and just have the $39.99 BB plan?

If you want the voice leave it alone for now. This is a byproduct of sprint not knowing a thing about blackberries. With the $15 powervision plan you get everything that the $39.99+ user gets.

Evntually sprint may do an account sweep and fix this "error" but I would let them inititate that change.

I have been on the $15 powervision plan for 3 months- had it activated like that straight from sprint's warehouse in KY. I am nto about to call and tell them that I read I needed a $40 plan...

southwestcomm
05-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Without a BB plan your PIN does not register with RIM's NOC and you can not use a BIS account. So, yes, you do lose functionality with a Vision plan.

robber
05-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Without a BB plan your PIN does not register with RIM's NOC and you can not use a BIS account. So, yes, you do lose functionality with a Vision plan.

***I just posted this in the longer thread. Excuse the cross post but this is relevant. The threads should really be merged.***

If you are on a BB plan and SWITCH to a powervision plan than you retain full email/ pin capabilities. (who knows for how long- going on 4 months for me)

The general rule is that in order to get email the traditional way on a BB you need a BB plan. That holds true accross all carriers with the exception of Sprint. Sprint does have a BB plan- but try to find it on the website. You can't. Ask a rep if it is neccessary for email- they will tell you no. There simply is no-one in the know- from the people selling it to CS. It takes getting all the way up to tier 2 before you can talk to someone who understands how these things work and what plan you should have.

Sprint could do an account sweep any day and add the bb plan back onto my account- but like I said plenty of people have used the $15 vision/ powervision plan for months with no issues.

I use BIS and PIN every day.

Naked Wife
05-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Many here (myself included) have slipped through the cracks with Sprint and have been able to utilize all Blackberry features with a regular Vision plan. My Vision plan is included with my rate plan so I'm paying nothing for data. I have access to BIS and Pin services.

bnandreu
05-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Like Naked Wife said, I was using a $4 vision plan w/unlimited texting for about 6 months. Problem is I tried to make my 7250 EVDO and called for support. Eventually I fixed my own issue by altering the HA addresses but when I checked my bill online I found that one of the support people put me on the $49.99 Unlimited BB plan and signed me up for a 2 yr contract. I tried complaining because I didn't ask for this change but I was told it was "required" for a BB. I eventually got them to find me a "special" for $39.99 a month plus $4 for unlimited texting. I think I will call and get them to drop my plan to the vision plan since I know that will work fine.

BBLuvr
05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
bnandreu,
Is your 7250 still using EDVO? How did you set it up? PRL? If so, what PRL? How do you change your HA address and what do you change it to? I've been trying to get my phone to the EDVO network but have yet to get it to work.

bnandreu
05-19-2006, 03:01 PM
BBLuvr, Like the rest of the gang here I called Sprint, asked for the PRL update and did a *2 about a million times before it took. The EVDO was another issue altogether and had to get the programming code from the person I was talking to. Once in there I copied the HA address from another 7250 user here in the office.

BBLuvr
05-19-2006, 03:55 PM
how recent did you do this? What PRL do you have?

southwestcomm
05-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Like Naked Wife said, I was using a $4 vision plan w/unlimited texting for about 6 months. Problem is I tried to make my 7250 EVDO and called for support. Eventually I fixed my own issue by altering the HA addresses but when I checked my bill online I found that one of the support people put me on the $49.99 Unlimited BB plan and signed me up for a 2 yr contract. I tried complaining because I didn't ask for this change but I was told it was "required" for a BB. I eventually got them to find me a "special" for $39.99 a month plus $4 for unlimited texting. I think I will call and get them to drop my plan to the vision plan since I know that will work fine.

Nothing like be honest paying for something....