PDA

View Full Version : Gps

atuarre
05-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Are there any programs out there that are available for the Blackberry that I can install on my phone that will allow people that I inform to be able to locate me, or see where I am currently @<hidden> on a map.

My second question is, is there an application out there that will take my current location, either by tower or by GPS and save it some where either on my phone or in a remote system?

Thanks

ToeRag
05-17-2006, 05:06 AM
Are there any programs out there that are available for the Blackberry that I can install on my phone that will allow people that I inform to be able to locate me, or see where I am currently @<hidden> on a map.

My second question is, is there an application out there that will take my current location, either by tower or by GPS and save it some where either on my phone or in a remote system?

Thanks
yes...

google "telenav.net"

fliedlice
05-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Wirelessly posted (VZW 7250/Sprint 4.1: BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

telenav will not allow other people to see where you are. And is only available through nextel (I'm not sure who your provider is) there are other companies that use gps and 3rd party software to track one or more phones and show you where they are.

k9Berry1
05-17-2006, 07:45 AM
you want MapQuest Find me. http://www.mapquestfindme.com/

blenahan
05-17-2006, 08:26 AM
this will work only if you have Sprint, Nextel or a GPS enabled phone. If you just have a BB through Cingular or TMobile, you will not be able to utilize this